feeling lonely after work

LazyHermitCrab

I work 40 hours a week and have no friends at work. They are all much older than me and we don't have a lot in common. My friends found new friends so they forgot about me. I made a lot of somewhat friends recently but they only hang out for double dates. I'm craving a real friendship. Everything is just talking online and I want to find a real friend to hangout with :( I even message my old friends and get nothing like lets hang out or anything. When I'm out by myself I don't know where/how to make a friend. It just got harder then ever before. Suggestions?

LazyHermitCrab

I hear you. Have you considered Meetup.com?

I was going to. I joined a writing group online and was going to meet them in real life. It was a few loud guys and no girls. One said she would come and at the last minute cancels (surprise surprise). Wouldn't matter if they were quieter but I decided not to meet with them since they couldn't recognize me anyway. They wrote on the group they decided to go to a bar right after and I wouldn't want to go to a bar with a few stranger guys :s might try something else again later :/

Megaten

I also like meetup.com. It can suck though if you have unique interests not a lot of people in your area have. It seems like the most popular things here is hiking, dog walking and social drinking(not bad hobbies btw just saying). Seldom in life have I found people that I just really click with.