Feeling sooo down

Jegan

I've been feeling really down lately.. I didnt want to admit it to my self.. I tried to distract my self from being down...but Its not doing any good. I just Got a job recently and I am being trained now, But the thing is I cant concentrate on anything.. My brain is feeeling soo numb that I am having hard time processing informations and remebering things. my trainer is geting frustrated because I am constantly making mistakes over and over .. I cant even do the simplest things at work. It feels like my brain doesn't want to learn anything new. Is there any serious mental ilness I am having beyond Social anxieety?

DeadmanWalking

Well, it's good that you're confronting it. Maybe talk to your trainer and someone about this as well. Your trainer might understand your predicament and help you out a bit and the other person, like a therapist, could give you advice to break out of this downward spiral.

Anxiety is the worst thing to learn. Before I get on my SA problems I was a over average student, nowadays can't memorize the easiest thing or keep paying attention...try to use some techniques...process things in pics....and less in words.

make a movie picture on your head, helps me a lot! hope u get trough!

KiaKaha

Banned
I have been in a similar position before and I think I can relate to how you feel. It could be a combination of things. Social anxiety can be crippling when starting a new job - it makes the pressure 10 times harder.... I wish I knew what to say to help you.

Try to hang with it, it might be hard right now but in time it will get easier as you become familiar with the job and the people. Good luck.

Jegan

Hey Thankyou very much for the advises guys :). I am feeling a little better allready reading your replies. Those were very helpful for me. Felt a little alone on this one but I guess there are some techniques control this. I am going to try hard and tell my self its OK I will get better at this job and I will get use to this new place in no time. It just takes time I guess. I know I got a big problem with my brain, It always abandons me..leaves me in the cold..never really helps me express my self and be success in life. all I have left is hope.

Shyangel

I know what your saying. You have this sorta depression that you just can't shack and you don't know why. You try all sorts of things, but nothing can give you that spark back, suddenly it's taken over you. You can't complete the simplest task, you feel like sleeping all the time, and it just plane feels like you've lost control of your brain. When your out some where where you usually have fun, your miserable, everything just doesn't make sense any more...That's how things feel to me. I don't think there's anything wrong with you, I think it's just time for a little change, something to guaranteed get you excited again, something to make you taste the spice of life again. It could help get things better.

MikeyC

I'm going through a similar thing right now, mate. I am functioning normally but there's always a weight of depression on my shoulders that never passes, no matter how happy I may appear to be.

For you, keep going with work. You've already told yourself you'll be okay at work so that's a very good start, mate. You've just started the job so you can't be expected to know everything about it already.

Srijita52

I can surely relate to you, I'm going through something similar right now. Its sucks but it does get better. Hang in there, I'm sure your job will turn out all great though it might seem a little hard at first :)

gustavofring

I can totally relate to this as well. A couple of years ago I had a job in which I felt so anxious I just couldn't process any information at all and I made a terrible mistake. So focussed on the anxiety, it just blurs your cognitive functions. And people are relentless when you're new, so everyone's eyes are focussed on you too.

The worst thing for me is probably the sleeping part, I can hardly get any sleep before I take on a new job out of nervousness, and this worsens the problem.