fiance's OCD

Chris516

I need to get this out of my system. Even though I have an appointment with my therapist in the morning.

If my fiance does not want to end our relationship, why is she only contacting me intermittently?

If I sound like I am whining, I am sorry to everyone.

But why would she still want a relationship, when she tells me to be with someone else, and tells me she can't give me what I want(which she has never told me, what she thinks I want).

We had the longest phone conversation(73mins.) that we have had in a long time, about a week ago. This was sometime after she had suggested that I find someone else. Along with her saying she is not being able to give me what I want(again she didn't answer when I asked her what she thought I wanted).

I know that people with OCD go through times when, they feel they are better off alone. But in the case of my fiance, I am beginning to feel like a yo-yo.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Lou-s-Darkness

Ok I am no expert in relationships lol. But, I would suggest maybe asking her why she feels the way she feels? By that I mean, tell her why do you think you're not good enough for me?

Maybe she feels as though she's not being appreciated enough? I mean I'm not judging you or anything because I don't know how your relationship is with your fiance, but some people need a little more encouragement than others and a little more attention.

Maybe she has really low self esteem? If that's the case then she would need to feel like she does deserve someone in her life, and maybe you could compliment her more and encourage her to open up to you. Also, some women get really stressed and nervous when they're about to commit to a life long partner.

Maybe you could tell her that you don't expect or want anything she isn't already giving you? Reassure her she is doing fine. Like she is good enough the way she is...Maybe she's saying that because something happened in her past, maybe that's why she is saying all this to you.

If that doesn't work, then just give her a little more time? A little more space and she will come around.

Just speak to her about it, approaching her very calmly and lovingly. It might help.

I hope my advice was helpful? I hope things will turn better!

ImNotMyIllness

I don't think this has anything to do with OCD, unless it is ROCD (Relationship OCD). It sounds to be she is breaking up with you nicely. If you guys are having this kind of trouble before the wedding, I would hate to imagine what your marriage would look like. It could be she has cold feet or you just need to move on.

...Not a good sign.

Chris516

Ok I am no expert in relationships lol. But, I would suggest maybe asking her why she feels the way she feels? By that I mean, tell her why do you think you're not good enough for me?

I have asked her that repeatedly. So as to remind her, that while obsessing on me, she had done things for me, that my (ex)wife n' (ex)fiance would never have done for me. My fiance has ordered me pizza countless times(not at my request). She has bought me lots of clothes, and movies. She has gone over the top with love. Sure it is 'material', but it is still over the top.

Maybe she feels as though she's not being appreciated enough? I mean I'm not judging you or anything because I don't know how your relationship is with your fiance, but some people need a little more encouragement than others and a little more attention.

Now, Appreciation is a hard one. Because I have decided, I have to be creative, since she is a hoarder. Christmas 2011, I sent her expensive gifts. To my knowledge, they have still not been opened. For an entire year, I had repeatedly asked her to open the Christmas 2011 gifts. But I am almost certain, that she hasn't. She would keep saying she wanted to open them in front of me. But this has not been the first year this has happened. I have been with her in the past for her birthday, on years this has happened, and she wouldn't open them in front of me. The reason I have to be creative, in what I send her, is because it will end up in the hoarding pile if I am not careful. So, For now, I have stuck to flowers. Because they only last a certain amount of time, and can't be thrown in a hoarding pile when they die. I was going to make DVD copies of all the movies she bought me. But the entertainment industry is clamping down on people who do that. Also, The might end up in the hoard.

Maybe she has really low self esteem? If that's the case then she would need to feel like she does deserve someone in her life, and maybe you could compliment her more and encourage her to open up to you. Also, some women get really stressed and nervous when they're about to commit to a life long partner.

She has had low self esteem for a long time. On complimenting her, yes. Even if she doesn't communicate.

Because of her OCD, it isn't always easy, to get her to open up to me.

We have been in a long-distance relationship for almost six years.(long story) So, I don't think it is necessarily nervousness about committing to me. When I asked her if I did anything wrong, she said it was her, not me.

Maybe you could tell her that you don't expect or want anything she isn't already giving you? Reassure her she is doing fine. Like she is good enough the way she is...Maybe she's saying that because something happened in her past, maybe that's why she is saying all this to you.

I told her, that my only concern, is about her weight. But because of what happened to my (ex)wife. My (ex)wife had to have a pacemaker implanted in her heart, because of how clogged the arteries leading to her heart were. My fiance was thin when she was in her teens(we are both mid-40's). My (ex)wife has never been a healthy weight and shunned all opportunities to help her lose weight.

If that doesn't work, then just give her a little more time? A little more space and she will come around.

Just speak to her about it, approaching her very calmly and lovingly. It might help.

I hope my advice was helpful? I hope things will turn better!

She has told me on a number of occasions, she will work on her communication(Yahoo IM, e-mail, Facebook). But something is going on that she is afraid to tell me. I don't mean like, she is cheating. Just something she is afraid to tell me for some reason.

Yes, You were helpful. Thank you for responding.

Chris516

I don't think this has anything to do with OCD, unless it is ROCD (Relationship OCD). It sounds to be she is breaking up with you nicely. If you guys are having this kind of trouble before the wedding, I would hate to imagine what your marriage would look like. It could be she has cold feet or you just need to move on.

...Not a good sign.

Well, Her behavior has been erratic for a year. It would seem like she was trying to breakup nicely. Then I would hear from her, and she would be all loving.

So, Why would she suddenly be loving towards me, if she was gently trying to breakup?

Chris516

Another thing I forgot to mention is, she was obsessed with my (ex)fiance's caligraphy. So, She had asked me to keep the caligraphy she bought. She has also said things she would do, that never happen. Last year, she said she would go with me to a medical conference that was taking place a short distance from my home. Her coming out here for the conference, never materialized. I have just gotten used to her saying things would happen, that don't end up happening.