finally went to my doctor about my anxiety

hinder87

he prescribed me celexa to take every night and xanax for only when i get extreme anxiety. hopefully this is what i need for at least a year until i finish up with my associates. any inputs guys? thanks

Danfalc

Banned
he prescribed me celexa to take every night and xanax for only when i get extreme anxiety. hopefully this is what i need for at least a year until i finish up with my associates. any inputs guys? thanks

Yeah sounds like your Doctor has taken you serioursly :) Xanax can be addictive for some people,and probaly hence why hes taking the precaution of telling you to only take it when you really need to.

But in my own personal experience,it really helps.It wont cure your anxiety or anything but it should help you get through the really bad patches.As for Celexa,Ive never found my anxiety get better from an anti depressant,but everyones different so fingers crossed it might really help you.

iamthenra

I was on Celexa / Citalopram for about a full year at 10mg and the second year my doc tried me at the 40 mg level.... I felt lousy, the anxiety never went away, but it did help a bit with the depression... I also had a episode where I blacked out too, which may or maynot be related to this drug, but it did occur while I was on it.... Good luck!

hinder87

thanks guys. yeah, he gave me low doses of both Noca. and lets hope it doesnt happen to me iamthenra lol. btw, he didnt give me therapy because the anxiety really only happens the night before my class.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Good for you, hinder. Different things work for different people, the important thing is you took the initiative and sought help, which can be a big task.

I hope that combination of medication works for you and that you're able to enjoy school and concentrate on your studies.

be_noticed

how did you do it, i cant stand going in that place. the receptionist at my doctors place is ubber mean and the doctors anyways look as if they arent enjoying your conmpany ::(:

well good luck anyway :)

Feathers

hinder, I had huge anxiety before one of my classes too (to the point of stomachache and occasionally throwing up) I never sought medication though.
What REALLY helped was talking to someone who had graduated from that school already, she told me about the professors and their tiny little foibles and imperfections, and why they take it out on students, what is their forte and what is their problem, and what they admire.. so I could figure out what this professor really wants and managed to find a way to do that and then he was excited and enthusiastic lol!!
(I also did write affirmations where I exaggerated a bit and said, '_This prof_ is enthusiastic about my work etc' - and he really was, lol!!)

It also helps to take notes on what he wants and likes when he tells about these things, and to figure out what books are his 'bibles' (so you can see who he admires). Hope any of this can help-?