fine motor stuff in front of others

Anonymous

Does anyone suffer from high anxiety about doing anything involving fine motor skills like tying string, threading needles, cutting, pasting, paper folding in front of others? My hands shake uncontrollably and then I become more anxious cause I know people are seeing my shakes even when they don't comment. It's an automatic response. I hate it!!!

Crimefish

Hell yeah. I went to a junk shop and found a ruby necklace with a knot in the tiny chain. The guy said if I could get it out, I could have the necklace for £2. So I held it "steady" while he tried to poke a pin through the knot and loosen it. My hand was shaking a ridiculous amount. He couldn't get the knot out. But he did hand me the necklace, and I undid the knot immediately with my fingernails. I'm surrounded by incompetents.
So to answer your question, yes.

silgado106

I shake ALL the time. In front of people I of course shake, but then I also shake on my own, I think that might be something completely different, but it gets annoying really :?

Anonymous

yeah i know it exactly what you mean, it;s weird because i don't feel particularly anxious yet i get the trembling of hands and stuff

loucat

i get this too, i really don't know why either. i mean i know i can do these things, yet when people are watching me i go to pieces. i used to have the same problem with eating in front of others too, whenever i put the fork to my mouth my hand would shake, it's not too bad these days but it's still there

JWH

Never noticed this until yesterday but yeah, typing in front of others can be quite a chore.

tommydog

--------

iv got a real mild case of this actually :lol:

I struggle to play some video games consistently well when people are watching me, especially games which need massive precision and prolonged concentration.

like say a simulation racing game, were the idea of it is to say do a best lap. If a lap takes about 2.5 minutes, the car is real fast, and every second counts because me and my friend have been playing it for hours, we are now so good at it that improvements in lap times are only bieng made by like .3 second maximum.

yer my nerves just totally collapse on me i cant take it :lol: and its funny cause my little cousin who is like 12 always beats me, not because he is more skillful, but because his got harder nerves :roll: :lol: