Fired from another job.

Parttimer

I was working as a part-time clerk for a small engineering company for the last 2 weeks and i came in this morning and got fired...

I was told it was bcos i made a mistake with an employees wages and a sending out of a cheque to the wrong address and that was intolerable. They were pretty innocuous mistakes IMO, especially since it was the first time i'd done some of this stuff.

Anyway i think the real reason is they didn't like my personality there. What else am i to think when i've got the skills, puncuality, dress, politeness? Firing someone new after a few mistakes doesn't make sense i think they were just excuses.

Bit lost today i have to rethink my career and life...

AnnaMaria

Awww, sorry to hear that. Hope you find a better job. Maybe there's something else for you so start searching. Good luck!! I know how hard it is so just hang in there.

JoeRandomUser

Yeah, that sucks. But don't let it shake you too much -- you've got the skills to get that job in the first place, so I'm sure you'll be able to find something better. Could even be a blessing in disguise. ;)

marc72

hey

I am 33 spent years not knowing what i want and Quitting jobs left and right . It is a good thing to at lest get a skill from the clerk job. hopefully you have someone that you cans still put for as a reference on your next job search. Not knowing what you want sucks. I try going gto those bookstores early in the day when not too crowded and you can sit someone and I check out those career books or alternative jobs that traditional schools do not have. etc.. But it is tough. Thanks for sharing with us though.

tupac

man i hear you, work really sucks. i have been unemployed for over a month and i dont even feel like getting a new job because every job i've had sucked. its hard finding good jobs but u gotta keep looking.