First time asking questions

I think it's a bit strange how a website full of people with socialphobia (including myself) would ask other people with the same problem to want to start conversations with complete strangers. However, I like the idea. I'm ready to talk to whoever about whatever. PM or here or via headbutting the keyboard.

ukmale

It's the fact its anonymous and in the comfort of our own homes and people anit looking at us while we type

It's the fact its anonymous and in the comfort of our own homes and people anit looking at us while we type

It takes out the physical pressure but how about the psychological? I don't know who can share my feelings on this one, but I get anxious about replying and reading replies.

johan

It takes out the physical pressure but how about the psychological? I don't know who can share my feelings on this one, but I get anxious about replying and reading replies.

me to, i get anxious about what people are thinking so it's realy hard to talk to someone even on internet:(

ukmale

Same here dude I get times where I am have long chats and some times where it takes me days to get the balls to read a message as just keep thinking its gonna be something bad and nasty

Lifes shit and gay and pointless really is so hard every min of every day is Hell just pure Hell

Same here dude I get times where I am have long chats and some times where it takes me days to get the balls to read a message as just keep thinking its gonna be something bad and nasty

Lifes shit and gay and pointless really is so hard every min of every day is Hell just pure Hell

Even I get my fits of life being pointless. I mean, this is how I figured it...ever read Nietzsche? He talks about how human knowledge is pointless simply because the universe has existed before human knowledge and will exist after it gets destroyed by a comet or whatever. And so I thought about that and it hit me: "Out of an eternity of nothingness, a world just blew itself into existence...and we...after an orgasm, exist. When we die, we're back into that nothingness." So it means we're small. Our time here is almost non-existant. You and I will zip out of this world with no other planet to give us a funeral. But that didn't depress me. I was like "Alright. It's a bit overwhelming...but that Skyrim is not gonna finish itself". So I suggest that as long we are here...we should try our very hardest (and I know I sound like Barney or Goku) to really not care about how the replies work themselves out but rather...how we're gonna keep on enjoying the comfort of other socially anxious individuals.

arandaro

I guess that the actual problem is that we're all just afraid of the answers we think we already know, but we don't. We're waiting for the worst and it makes us anxious. We predict that the answer might be awful, so decide to not to talk at all. But it's such an important element in communication. Maybe people just don't know how to communicate anymore?

Last edited:
But how do we get rid of that train of thought? They usually say: "Just stop yourself and think realistically". But that's hard enough when our minds are running up walls.