Fischer Owners: Look inside!

krazyj

Fischer owners, I need your help. Next time you use your machine, could you write down your mA level (the level on the meter) and the position of the knob 1-10 on your machine?

As you know, lower mineral content of the water means less effectiveness and a higher level of the knob required to achieve the same mA level. My mineral content is extremely low so I am trying to figure out approximately where I should be to achieve proper effect.

blong

At school here the mineral content in the dorm water is really low. But I do not like to use baking soda (it causes burns and irritates my skin) so I usually have to move the knob between 10-9 to get out 15 mA. I try to keep it in the 15-16 mA range. I use cold water and as the water warms up the current increases (which would make sense because the movement of the ions that cause the current are dependent on temperature). So as the session goes on i will continually have to lower the knob to keep the 15 mAs.

Now back at home I usually only have to have the knob on the 6 or 7 level.

krazyj

blong said:
I use cold water and as the water warms up the current increases (which would make sense because the movement of the ions that cause the current are dependent on temperature). So as the session goes on i will continually have to lower the knob to keep the 15 mAs.

I never thought of that! As an electrical engineer, you think I'd know this. :roll:

Thanks for the reply, Ben!

surfsider

Hey People!. I'm have moderate HH of the hands and feet. I currently use Hydrosal gel it has worked well but I'm going to try iontophoresis. Should I buy the Fischer or the Idromed 5 from Germany?? Does the fischer work ?

blong

I have a fischer unit and I can say it works but i can say with some certainty that the idromed 5 is the better unit. Correct me, someone else, if I am wrong but I believe the metal plating on the idromed is on the bottom rather than one node on the side of the tray. Also the trays fold up for easier storage and the current emitting device is much smaller. They also designed it so you could operate it with your feet and their is a timer.

If i were doing it over i would of bought the idromed. If you are living in the states last i saw an idromed 5 was on ebay.com for sale.

surfsider

Hey thanks. Yea I can buy the Idromed 5 but its more expensive and I'd have to also buy a power converter since I live in the U.S. I also asked the maker or distributer Markus Binder about the device and he said you don't have to switch the polarity as often as people think. How often do you switch the polarity with the Fischer? If this works and I only have to do maintenance like once every two weeks I would be stoked. ETS surgery is such a gamble and since I don't have the severe form I don't think it's worth it. i don't think we know enough about the autonomic nervous system to be cutting nerves to stop the sweating. So iontophoresis seems like the best thing out there right now for this problem.

klamm76

Hi,,,

I just want to coment 1 thing.The Idromed is probarly a better device.But as I understand it comes whit 4 trays,so if you are gonne travel someplace it is more to have in your package/luggage.

So then the fisher or idrostar is maybe better if you are traveling or going on holidays.

Another thing is that maybe it is best to try out fisher or idrostar to see how ionto works out for you,but ionto should work for the most humans with a little experiense,trying out ,etc.

I have only Idrostar now,but I am planning to by a bigger device whith 4 trays (idromed) that I can use only at home.And the treatment goes faster.

I also suffer from hand/feet HH.

A question..What is the difference between Idromed 4 and 5 ?

TNX