For all the guys who keep getting stuck in the "friendzone"...

Jay Cataldo

I put up a new post on my blog about how you can learn to be more attractive to women by watching "The Dog Whisperer."

Check it out HERE

SickJoke

Cool blog. The tip reminds me of when David D recommended reading Lew Burke's "Dog Training" a few years back for the same reason. He received a lot of criticism for that, but I think it's great advice.

Jay Cataldo

Cool blog. The tip reminds me of when David D recommended reading Lew Burke's "Dog Training" a few years back for the same reason. He received a lot of criticism for that, but I think it's great advice.

Behaviorism techniques work well on ALL animals... especially humans.

One of the best books on the subject is "Don't Shoot The Dog" by Karen Pryor.

SickJoke

Behaviorism techniques work well on ALL animals... especially humans.

One of the best books on the subject is "Don't Shoot The Dog" by Karen Pryor.

Agreed, and this is a really touchy subject for most people but it's the truth. I'll have to check out that book.

madmike

Hahaha! I'm sorry... it's not that i completely deny there's any truth in it, but must sound so patronizing from a woman's perspective!

j_brown2

Banned
Cesar Milan is great. i like watching him, the way he steps out of the car is just breathtaking. joke haha, the assertivness, dominance in every move he makes,

i agree, sure is true that woman want a leader.

no1

Banned
women want men to control them because they can't control themselves?

Last edited:

Havocan

I read all the details in the paragraphs concerning the various subjects. If I were to remember all that and act "naturally" when I'd do them it would have killed me, so I'd rather go for good, old-fashioned politeness where I'm still the one in charge.

Reminds me a lof of PUA, hence the fact that I can't take it too seriously.

Last edited:

SickJoke

Battle positions Jay! The assault is coming! :D I look forward to seeing more criticism here and your responses to it, because a while ago I started a thread on a similar topic... it was amusing to say the least ;) OK I'm just going to watch now :D

Excuse me, I believe you meant to post this thread here: Don Juan Discussion Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a forum for people with social anxiety, not a forum for desperate single men. Sorry.

I agree somewhat. I just have a problem with this being in the social anxiety section. Put it in the 'meeting people' section or the 'friendship and love' section or something, so I don't have to read it about snaring women by comparing their actions and needs to the behaviour of dogs, when I want to read and get advice on SA. :rolleyes:

Jay Cataldo

Hahaha! I'm sorry... it's not that i completely deny there's any truth in it, but must sound so patronizing from a woman's perspective!

What specifically is patronizing about it? Find me an attractive, emotionally balanced female who disagrees with what I said and I'll find you ten who will back it up.

And what do you consider "untrue?" If you disagree with the science of Behaviorism, take it up with BF Skinner, but here's a little surprise for you... every hot, intelligent woman I've ever met uses his principles intuitively... well, at least the ones that are able to keep a man happy.

women want men to control them because they can't control themselves?

Dude.... how in god's name did you come to that conclusion? Jesus... I need to add a 15 page disclaimer to all my posts.

I read all the details in the paragraphs concerning the various subjects. If I were to remember all that and act "naturally" when I'd do them it would have killed me, so I'd rather go for good, old-fashioned politeness where I'm still the one in charge.

Reminds me a lof of PUA, hence the fact that I can't take it too seriously.

There's nothing about my post that negates politeness. Sometimes, just being polite isn't enough, as I'm sure you already realize. And yes, if the behaviors were already a natural part of everyone's repertoire, I wouldn't have wasted my time trying to explain this stuff.

But how is this: "I'd rather go for good, old-fashioned politeness where I'm still the one in charge." any different than what I wrote? Please point out what isn't "polite" about what I recommended.

Battle positions Jay! The assault is coming! :D I look forward to seeing more criticism here and your responses to it, because a while ago I started a thread on a similar topic... it was amusing to say the least ;) OK I'm just going to watch now :D

LOL Thanks for the warning, my friend. I'm sure you know that the unconscious mind is designed to keep our beliefs systems in place which is why people get incredibly angry when one of their deeply held beliefs is challenged. Unfortunately, most people are scared of the truth, since it pulls them out of the imaginary fairy-tale world they live in and usually leads to irrational, un-constructive shit-talking.

I'm still waiting for someone to point out what specifically they don't agree with, as opposed to making vague statements such as "I can't completely deny there's ANY truth in it."

Excuse me, I believe you meant to post this thread here: Don Juan Discussion Forum - Powered by vBulletin This is a forum for people with social anxiety, not a forum for desperate single men. Sorry.

Ok, you have a point there. Maybe it's not appropriate for this board, but it seems that every time I try to find a thread on social anxiety, I instead find ten about guys having problems dating, understanding or speaking to women, so I figured this post might help them a bit.

And didn't I respond to one of your posts a few days ago where you wondered why girls were calling you a slut based on your flirting style? So you're saying it's ok for us to give girls advice on flirting/dating but not guys? Is that really fair? lol

The friend zone is a black hole that not even light can escape.

LOL

I agree somewhat. I just have a problem with this being in the social anxiety section. Put it in the 'meeting people' section or the 'friendship and love' section or something, so I don't have to read it about snaring women by comparing their actions and needs to the behaviour of dogs, when I want to read and get advice on SA. :rolleyes:

Maybe I posted it in the wrong section, but this: "I put up a new post on my blog about how you can learn to be more attractive to women by watching "The Dog Whisperer." makes it pretty clear that the post wasn't about SA, yet you still clicked over to my blog and read it anyway.

Sorry I wasted your time. I'll be more careful in the future.

Argamemnon

I don't like alpha males or females. If I were a woman, I would definitely not go for the alpha type. I like quiet, introverted people (men or women).

TheNewZero

Ugh I hate the Dog Whisperer. What a moron. It's really weird how animal techniques can work on humans. Karen Pryor's Don't Shoot the Dog book is amazing. I do a lot of dog training and I sometimes realize that I treat children like dogs lol. The scariest part is it actually works!