for the deep people

Haha.. I'd like to hear your interpretations first
I'm sure you can come up with something pretty fantastic
;)

Alright! I am having a rough night.

First line: About the following members Estimates (yes)
Possible correction: About the following members' estimates.
--> Possibly referring to those within this thread are deep thinkers. If not perhaps all who are here.

Second line: I am the first, then headed
--> No bracket, unfinished. Should move on. Feeling I should not. Simplicity I cannot see.

Third line: So I am in general (real)
--> Obviously you are real, hippiechild. That is, in general, the mutual assumption.

Unfortunate, I must admit, I am not able to decipher. I am, however, not dishonored. I do look forward to all, I mean all meanings. I do wish for the real meaning.

I am defeated.

hoddesdon

Just as there are some questions to which there is no answer, equally there are some answers for which the question has never been asked.

Rembrandt Broam

How you answer questions define depth. Being deep is thinking deep thoughts, as a opposed to shallow ones. The more that goes into a thought, the deeper it is. Someone who thinks like this is deep.

But not all questions require deep thought.

"Do you like pizza?" can be answered without the need for any deep thinking or contemplation. OK, so maybe that's a trivial example, but for me the question "Do you believe in God?" doesn't require much deep thought either. You may as well ask me "Do you believe in Jackalopes?" because the answer will take me just as long to formulate, and for the same reasons.

I have been told this about myself more than once (why :confused:). You know someone is deep when there answer makes you dumbfounded and speechless.

I deal with many people who make me dumbfounded and speechless, and it certainly isn't because they are deep.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
But not all questions require deep thought.

"Do you like pizza?" can be answered without the need for any deep thinking or contemplation. OK, so maybe that's a trivial example, but for me the question "Do you believe in God?" doesn't require much deep thought either. You may as well ask me "Do you believe in Jackalopes?" because the answer will take me just as long to formulate, and for the same reasons.

I deal with many people who make me dumbfounded and speechless, and it certainly isn't because they are deep.

I did my best, I think it's a very difficult concept to explain. Deep is thinking meaningful thoughts about complex ideas maybe? It's being able deep below the surface and thinking about more of the roots of the idea.With the pizza, someone may ask in return "what does it mean to like something, how do you define what it means to like?" Usually it's a y/n answers, but thinking more thoroughly and such may be deeper. Feel free to critique this definaition as well, I like it :D.

Rembrandt Broam

I did my best, I think it's a very difficult concept to explain. Deep is thinking meaningful thoughts about complex ideas maybe? It's being able deep below the surface and thinking about more of the roots of the idea.With the pizza, someone may ask in return "what does it mean to like something, how do you define what it means to like?" Usually it's a y/n answers, but thinking more thoroughly and such may be deeper. Feel free to critique this definaition as well, I like it :D.

There's nothing wrong with your definition, it just seems to me that overthinking things or cogitating for its own sake doesn't necessarily have merit. I wouldn't necessarily consider what it means to like something, because even if I reached a conclusion it wouldn't serve any purpose for me. I know when I like things, and it's enough for me that I like them. Examining why I like them won't change whether I like them or not. It might provide an intellectual exercise, but that's about it.

I wouldn't describe myself as a superficial person, but maybe I'm not a deep person either. I think deeply about things when I have reason to. I might think a great deal about why I react or behave a certain way in various situations, because that might help me to change my behaviour. I think deeply about things when they interest me or pique my curiosity. Apart from that, I'm happy being flippant. ;)