For the first time, I finally did good!

SPECTACULAR

Okay, today I had an interview. I was applying for a job. they called me and set a date to meet me and talk to me a little bit. you know that routine.
anyway, I couldn't believe it because i never expected them to call. The important thing is I WAS NOT AFRAID. or even nervous. I have no idea why. I guess it's because i didn't take it too serious or kept thinking about it too much and thinking about the possibilities that i'll screw it up.
On that day, i had to drive my brother to the airport only half an hour before i am supposed to be at their office.
I went there five minutes late. They took me to a room and a big tall guy got in and started talking to me and asking me the usual questions about why i want to work for them and how am i gonna be able to study and work in the same time. and again i was not afraid or intimidated. I was talking and smiling and my body language was good. In my head i was thinking, what the hell is going on? Why am i so good? that's not me! :lol:

anyway, it ended perfectly and they said they'll call me later. I decided to give myself a real test, so i decided to go to McDonalds. I went in there and ordered a meal and started eating. I was so calm again and everything was just great!

Now, am i cured or it's just my mind forgot to annoy me the way it usually does? Have you had good times in the middle of social phobia hell?
Am I going to get back to my social phobia again or is it gone?
I guess i myself can't answer that question. :!:

redlady

You know what - i hope for your sake it is. As for the answer to your question i have no idea.
Man a situation like that would have intimidated the hell out of me - i applaud you and envy you at the same time - congratulations. :D

Bexi

That's real cool that you managed to do that Spec, (except the mcdonalds part!) Do you think your religion helped you through it?x

Bexi

I would not step into a maccy D's a Burger king etc for any amount of money, urgh! horrid horrid horrid! x

paul

Congratulations on that Spectacular! You can't know if it's going to come back, but enjoy it while it's gone, and I'm praying for you that it will stay that way!

Angie_05

Congrats Spectacular! It's always wonderful to hear that someone has overcome a fear.

We don't know if it will come back. Most likely it will. But you will be able to look back on the day that you overcame your fears and that should give you hope and guidance.

If your SA does return, don't see it as a failure. Every good day counts for something huge!

SPECTACULAR

Thanks everybody for replying.
Do you think your religion helped you through it?
Maybe. I can't say for sure, but maybe. I prayed and asked god to help me doing it and i was good. I'm not that close to god though.anyway, I thanked him after I stepped out of the room.

about the Mcdonalds part, i'm not really fan of Mcdonalds. I like Subway though. It's fresh and healthy. Don't tell me you don't step into a subway restaurant eaither, bexi. Anyway, i chose Mcdonalds just to test myself because there's a lot of people there and their employees are nice, i gotta say!
It's always wonderful to hear that someone has overcome a fear.
Thanks, but i don't really think i overcame it. I think it's a temporary glitch happened in my mind on that day! :roll:

dirigent

Congratulations!!!

This is the best topic today! I hope not to see you here any more, except to tell us how to struggle.

SPECTACULAR said:
Now, am i cured or it's just my mind forgot to annoy me the way it usually does? Am I going to get back to my social phobia again or is it gone?

I think nobody can tell you that. I can’t tell if you’re cured or not, but I have an opinion that might be an advise. You should think about the essence of things your life is made of. What’s the basically meaning of going to McDonalds? If you ask me, it’s to get something to eat. If you don’t like McDonald’s, don’t go there! I know you were testing yourself, but why? Just to keep asking yourself if you’re cured and enter into another anxiety? No, go on and do what you like. Live your life! Go on!

sensitive

of course i have had great times in the middle of SA hell. i can't remember of any time that my phobia has completely gone but certainly sometimes i spend great time in the company of others, feel normal and start talking like i am non social phobic. i am sure that happens to us sometimes.

Pesik

I hope you get the job - from what you have said it sounds like it went wonderfully :D I have had random moments of carelessness before aswell. Usually its because I am frusterated about somthing else and so my mind does not have the time to think about my shy worries.... also after being outside with friends for more than 3 hours tends to calm my shyness down a bit.

Just keep this positive attitude you have and realize you now have proof you can do anything you put (or dont put :p) your mind to =)

SPECTACULAR

I have had random moments of carelessness before aswell
Carelessness? you think it's carelessness is the thing i had that day?
Maybe, but I don't think so, though. I cared about this job and i still want it. a point of view after all, thanks for shraing me the subjest.

dirigent and issa, thanks for your feedback. :D