Forget about ETS please, it will make you worst

mariesophie

I got my nerves clamped in Taiwan in 2002, and my life has been a "living hell" ever seen.

The compensatory sweating is way, way more than what I had to suffer before. I sweat from EVERYWHERE now, even in winter! If I walk into a store after being out in the cold, right away sweat starts to drip on the back on my legs, my chest and my stomach. Standing in the metro, with my jacket on, it drips on my back. In the summer, don't even get me going...

One month after the surgery, I knew I had done the biggest mistake in my life, so I asked to get the clamps removed, which I did exactly 31 days after the initial surgery. (The doctor said the sooner the better, so the nerve can regenerate. It never did.) I thought: "what have I done? how could I have been so stupid? let's get those things out!"

Nothing much happened for the first few months. Then, my hands and underarms sweating returned, but a bit less than pre-ETS days. However, the compensatory sweating never went away!!

I used to sweat buckets from my underarms; now I sweat buckets from my entire body. Is that what you want??

PLEASE, DO NOT DO THE ETS!! It's a money business, and everyone's body reacts differently to it, and you cannot predict what will happen to your body.

You think you are in a bad situation with hyperhydrosis; you think it couldn't get any worst, and "what have i got to loose?" Well, you could loose the little comfort left that you have. And trust me, you do have some. I have been there, and I would give anything to go back in time, and change that day. To never have walked in that hospital.

It has been more than 4 years now that I got the clamps removed, and to be sure, the sweating has returned to my arms, but lightly. However, the lower body and back sweating has not changed, and I am reminded of the worst mistake of my life daily, winter and summer, night and day.

JUST DONT DO IT