Forgetful

Chilling__Echo

i feel like i'm at a point in my life where i'm on my way to where i want to be (finally). even with my social phobia, i feel like i'm able to handle whatever's thrown at me - i've been in enough situations that i try not to let it get to me too much. i still have my bad days but it's getting better.

but do you guys ever get all worked up and not even realize it? i'm sitting here getting ready to go to the beach and waiting for people to pick me up is another trigger of mine and i hadn't even noticed my butterflies in my stomach or pacing the house or obsessively making sure i have EVERYTHING i need. most of the time it's like a wave i can see coming and can brace myself for it. ever happen to you guys?

Scottish_Player

Chilling__Echo said:
i'm sitting here getting ready to go to the beach and waiting for people to pick me up is another trigger of mine

I really cant stand waiting on people picking me up i just get all nervous and iam literaly sick iam up and down to the bathroom and pacing about the house but then as soon as the person arrives iam ok its stange as i have nothing to worry about but i do :?:

black_mamba

Chilling__Echo said:
but do you guys ever get all worked up and not even realize it? i'm sitting here getting ready to go to the beach and waiting for people to pick me up is another trigger of mine and i hadn't even noticed my butterflies in my stomach or pacing the house or obsessively making sure i have EVERYTHING i need.

Maybe you're so excited about the beach you didn't notice the butterflies? Thats cool, lucky you! I have butterflies right now just thinking about my driving lessons tomorrow. 8O

*runs around screaming*

i feel like i'm at a point in my life where i'm on my way to where i want to be (finally). even with my social phobia, i feel like i'm able to handle whatever's thrown at me - i've been in enough situations that i try not to let it get to me too much. i still have my bad days but it's getting better.

I think we're at the same stage with our SP - I feel a little more confident these days about getting my brain to think rationally and about trying to get over things quicker. Is that [kinda] what you meant? :?

Chilling__Echo

iam literaly sick iam up and down to the bathroom

yep that's me too

I feel a little more confident these days about getting my brain to think rationally and about trying to get over things quicker. Is that [kinda] what you meant? Confused

deffinately. i feel 10x more confident as i've come a long way than when i started at the beginning of this anxiety road. i feel i'm at my prime, and even with the anxiety, i just take a deep breath, tell myself that i'm just like anyone else on this planet, and if they can do it, i can do it. that's why i tell everyone, confidence can make a HUGE difference. that's also why i think trying meds even for a little bit is a good idea b/c when you feel less anxious, you build the confidence (at least for me). so Tom Cruise, you can go fuck yourself...

ok tangent! but yeah mamba, you got it :D

black_mamba

Where did Tom Cruise come from? :lol:

I think you're right about trying to be confident - basically I feel that if you pretend to be confident, it can manifest itself and you actually become confident as a result. Ok this method will not work for the more intensely social anxious but it seems to be working for me and you Chilling. :)

Have fun at the beach. 8)

Chilling__Echo

thanks :D tom cruise was attaching think brook sheilds for taking anti-depressants for post pardome (spelling???) depression. he said that he's had extensive study in psychology and if she'd just taken vitamins she'd been alright. he was really attacking the drugs. it's none of his business what she does and to attack others who've taken the drugs and i bet he deosn't know jack shit. AND i saw war of the worlds and it sucked lol

but glad you're on the same page too :D

redlady

Hahaha - tom cruise is a mindless brainwashed scientologist sheep - forgive me if any of you guys follow the scriptures - but having said that i stand by my opinion.
Anyway - no i always notice it - waiting around always jacks up my anxiety. When i'm ready to go i have to go right away or otherwise i run the risk of having my mind talk me out of going. And that's a battle that i have lost too many times.