forums have never helped me before

sar_sarz

hi yall, have useda few forum s before but never helped me, have suffered from general anxiety disorder for 3 years now, am unable to work or leave my house some days without someone i truse ie mu bf or family. i am starting to think i am agraphobic, i hate telling people anything is wrong, its so embarrassing for me, i hide it from family and people i know.
my quality of life is just crap but i feel guilty as there is people with major disabilities, illness etc but i feel soooo helpless and alone like there is no one who can help me... i know there are people like me but i want to know what help there is out there, who has overcome their fears??

DaDahhhhDaDaDa

Hi Sar,
I know it is embarassing or difficult, it was like that for me too, but you need to tell someone, someone you trust like parents, close friends, BF etc. If you can't tell the family/friends then explain to the doctor how you feel, they won't tell anyone about your anxiety unless you want them to.

If you really can't manage that (and believe me, it was the same for me) then try out the natural St. John's Wort tablet or tea that they sell in just about any health store. It basically will calm you down through the day if you take one tablet each morning without any nasty side effects. It might take a few weeks to settle in though.

Good luck and hope this helps.

stevelee24

hi there
i know exactly how you feel and you are more than likely agraphobic aswell, i think sometimes it goes hand in hand with sa.

i would recomend seeing someone about it who can help as i went to a phycologist for a few weeks and it helped me allot, im still not exactly social but im much better than i was and still improving.

suffering in silence is not the answer

good luck

TAMPA-BAY

I think you have already improved your self by admitting to your problem. The very fact that you went online to find a site like this is a big first step. My suggestion is to do something as simple as find members on this site similar to you and trade E-mails.

You'll be supprised at how fast you will improve by just haveing a online friend who understands and wont judge you.