Friends just seemed to have disappeared after what happened to me

shyflower

A little over a month ago, I lost my car due to an accident that was not my fault. I got the worst end of the deal and the most damage on my car that was 15 years old. I had fixed a lot of the problems it had and it was running really good. It seemed like after that day.. everything changed. A couple of my friends were getting new cars and bragging about it and I was feeling bad because mine was sitting here at the house at the time for it's fate to be determined. This accident was very unexpected and a lot of people knew about it. I wasn't expecting any sympathy.. maybe just a little empathy and that people would understand that I did not have the money to just go out and buy another car. I also lost my job in the process. I have found summer work though.. so I am not as nearly depressed as I would have been just sitting at home. Now.. I feel like I am being judged for what happened.. no one talks to me anymore and they just really don't care. I have always been honest about my current situation.. and now that when I meet new people and they realize my situation.. I feel like they don't want to be friends with me. I don't know... I am just looking for friendship from people right now.. that's all.. and maybe I am not good enough for it because of what I don't have. I really feel like a loser now..I still have friendship to offer.. and why does it have to be about material things?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Sounds like a bunch of winners to me.

People who suffer with low self esteem tend to get into a vicious cycle as far as attracting fair-weather friends and users though. It's tough because you don't want to sever ties and feel all alone, but at the same time, who needs friends like that in their life?

I'm thankful for the fact that in this aspect of social phobia, I'm a contented loner. Whether I have friends or not doesn't really seem to bother me.

I'm sorry to hear that, its incredible how shallow and awful people can be when things aren't going well. The only thing I can say is you're better off without them,however lonely you are.