friends

felix

Do you guys just find it really hard having people at your house? Because I'm not majorly unpoular, I have ppl to talk to at college and stuff, but I just find it so hard to invite people over to my house or whatever. I get scared that they won't actually want to come and I'll embarrass myself by asking, and even if someone did come over I just get really akward at my house for some reason.
It gets lonely sometimes tho :( and you can't really get close to people just by occasionaly chatting
also, do any of u keep a journal? i find it really helps if you write stuff down

Crimefish

I think the problem with that is, it's the only situation where you can't leave and get away from the person. So if it becomes awkward, you hope the person will leave, but if they do, you'll also be worried that they left 'cause they weren't having a good time and it's all your fault.
I can count on one hand the number of times I've invited people to my house my whole life, because my dad has had what I suspect is SA all my life, and he also has had a stroke, so he's always home.
So I feel awkward when I go to my friends' houses because I never invite them to mine.

LilMissTragic

I hate people coming to my house. I see my house as my sanctuary. Unfortunatly, my fiance's brother was thrown out of his house and so I agreed to have him at our house. OMG, why am I too nice?. He's driving me insane, just by being here. I know it isn't his fault but I hate feeling uncomfoatable in my own home.
Hmmm, if he stays too long then ya might be reading about me in the papers!!!

applesewer

Yea, I get very tense and defensive when somebody comes into my room. Even my 5 year-old niece and nephew. In fact they’re the worst! I’m not exactly sure why…I guess cause they’re unpredictable and they don’t get hints!
And its like my room is the only safe place I have in the whole world, so if that gets threatened then I’ve got nowhere else to go.
As for journals, I do write them every now and then. I just like to remember certain times in my life.

Anonymous

when i was a kid, my mum used to do B&B sometimes which meant there were total strangers in the house quite a lot

i didn't really have SA then but I certainly did not like going down to breakfast in the morning and having some total strangers sitting at the table...i mean, wtf is that all about??!!!

i feel uncomfortable having people in my house - i feel like i'm the host so i'm supposed to "entertain" which makes me feel anxious and unable to act normal

GettingThere

I think that this problem would be relevant for most of us. I even had an extension of it when I worked in an office. It was to do with my desk. I felt much more comfortable going to someone else's desk then having them come to mine.

Anonymous

I HATE having friends over at my house. Cos I just can't entertain them so what I usually do is just sit and watch TV. But after a while they seem very quite and it makes me think that they are bored out of there minds. ( They probably are ) .

I have cousins from overseas staying at my place at the moment and I just cringe when it is weekend and they ask me if I am going out. ( As normal teenagers do ) Cos I don't have any friends to go out with. So I start to panic. Y know. I cant tell them why I always stay at home.

IT SUCKS

Anonymous

i dont mind when my best friend comes over but when its other friends i dont like them coming inmy room. im a very private person and i would hate someone to find diaries and poems and all that personal crap.it would be so horrible. also i hate when i go away and come home and my room feels like someone has been going thru my stuff i absolutely hate that.

Shadow

I don't like having people over my house if they're there to see me. If they're there to see someone else in my family then its okay (although I hated it before I started getting treatment.) I guess I don't believe that I could entertain a person by myself. I haven't invited anybody over in many, many years.

As for the other question, yes I keep a journal. I started about 2.5 months ago and I try to write every night before I go to bed. I don't know if it really helps but I've made it part of my routine and I'm going to stick at it.