From Paxil to Luvox

HatesOCD

Hello again I have been seriously thinking about changing from Paxil to Luvox for my OCD. I have heard a lot of positive things about it. For those of you who take it how is it for your ocd? I've been taking Paxil for about two years and it's not working anymore. I also have begun taking high blood pressure medicine which I think contributed to the paxil not working (or has enhanced my ocd). Which do you all think would be better-to try to wean myself off Paxil or go somewhere for help? I don't know if I can do it by myself. Can you go from one SSRI straight to another? Thank you

ImNotMyIllness

I was taking 20mg of Fluoxetine. Granted it was a low dose and I stopped after three weeks. I wonder what is the most effective medication for OCD?

HatesOCD

That's why I want to try Luvox because from all I've read about people with OCD they really like Luvox. Some have reported a great decrease in symtons and others have said it is better than any other medication they have tried. I want to try it but I've also heard how hard it is to come off paxil. I wondered if it is safe to go from paxil to luvox. I'm going to ask my doctor next week.

HatesOCD

It sure is! I will keep you posted. As I said everything I've read so far is very positive. A lot fewer side effects and withdrawal if you decide it's not for you. You can go to your search engine and type in "Does Luvox Help OCD" and a lot of sites and comments will come up. I have also read where it is specifically for OCD.