Full body HH

medlam

Hi

I'm a bit confused, I have fully body HH, which is supposedly caused by an underlying condition, i was sure I had a thyroid or diabetic problem but I've done all the tests the doctors have said and they've come back negative, I took the results to a couple different doctors and they all say normal.

Is this the same for you guys?
Anyone actually found a reason or cause for sweating?

It's so hard when there's no answer, and now there saying it could be a mental issue like anxiety so confused !!!

Solo Dolo

I am in the EXACT same situation. I have severe full body HH which has ruined my life. I also figured there must be an underlying condition like hyperthyroid or diabetes/hypoglycemia or anything really. But all tests come back negative just like you. I have also tried anxiety medication in the past which has never been any help.

I really wish someone would just find something wrong with me that is causing the sweating so it can be treated. I hate my life. :(

ukchick

Pretty miserable isn't it,I pretty much get in most places too. I've been trying to get back onto the dating scene recently and some days I just think I just can't do it and best stay on my own....mostly down to HH.

medlam

Hi

So I've put this in another thread but I'm going to ask one more time does anyone know what this is or how to cure it? HH making it impossible to have a career or relationship and I'm being told to just deal with it !

I've done lots of tests all come back negative and Though I have put on weight I see people much bigger than me holding down jobs who wouldn't be able to do them with HH. I'm seriously thinking a type of cancer and maybe asking for a MRI or full body scan,I've ran out of options.

Please anyone with a success story or even a god damn reason or answer as to why I feel hot and profusely sweat, if you have these symptoms, please help me really feeling at my lowest.

Thanks

Englishman

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but no one knows why we sweat this much. Obviously there is a reason, but the medical community/doctors probably don't see enough £££ in it for them to give a **** and search for an answers...

I know how hard it is, there's no magic cure. All you can do is try treatments. I'm sorry your feeling down, I've been majorly depressed for years now because of this. If you want to message me feel free.

CharlesN

I'm not sure what to say. Honestly it feels lately like the forum has an abundance of negativity and it's bringing me down to visit and I almost feel guilty that ionto has greatly helped me - wish there was something to say or do to help you all out. I commiserate with you, but I can't say I know what it is like as my HH was mostly hands and feet, with scalp and pits and torso activated by nerves or stress or food, but not all the time and not to the point where I felt life wasn't worth living.

It's easy for me on the outside to say don't give up - but at the same time, that doesn't make it untrue. Keep fighting and battling this condition. Every small victory helps.

There ARE lots of people out there that have similar conditions, there ARE people out there that can be potential mates and not be dissuaded by your condition. Chances are for most - it is your attitude that is turning off prospective mates as opposed to the condition you might be blaming. In fact it could be you basically putting an end to it for fear of what might happen instead of just letting things happen organically. I know it's hard to act and feel confident and secure (attractive qualities) when you're worried and hating yourself for a condition that you were simply born with. Nonetheless I'd say fight the battles you can win and control what you can control. Everybody is good at something or enjoys something. Find peace and joy in it. If you can exercise and get a wicked body. The kind you can walk around on the beach and people will be staring for all the right reasons. Eat right. Rest right. Do stuff. Lots of stuff. Do it for you. Take small strolls outside of your comfort zone. Take risks. The absolute worst case scenario you are thinking of will simply not happen - and if it does - will probably be a lot less big of a deal than you envision. People by and large - are good hearted. Worried about intimacy as your relationships advance? Try shower sex. (sorry if this is obscene) You're both already wet - and clean - and it can be a great way to explore each other intimately. There is no HH in the shower. Maybe after that you'll relax and things will get easier. If not, other than a high water bill at least you're having fun...

I think we understand that there is no "perfect cure" at the moment. Probably won't be one - at least in my lifetime - maybe in yours. But that's no reason to give up. If the scientific or medical community isn't giving a damn - then make them. Organize and mobilize - get a large number of people showing interest and you can bet corporate and political interests will take note. People with HH spend copious amounts of money trying to mitigate their circumstances. As consumers we are top notch. We do matter and we can make a difference in the bottomline.

Anyways, that's my long winded way of saying please don't sound so defeated and on the verge of something you cannot take back. Find something to live for.

Good luck.

medlam

I appreciate the comments but not being able to walk with your friends and sit in a restaurant to eat because your sweating so much is a nightmare it's made me not join in which then makes people forget about you.

This is so much more than just sweating it kills your confidence, makes you lose out on enjoying things, you lose friends and job or work opportunity.

Don't know how we all deal with it and what life success we expect in the future, personally I can't even comprehend a normal life right now just hit 27 feel like I've left it too late and most options are gone.

ashley83

I have hh of the hands, feet and axilla. I have suffered all my life and have always tried to avoid situations where i might need to shake/hold hands with someone. HH is caused by problems with the sympathetic nervous system where it is not regulated properly. There are some cures bit it depends on the severity. Thoracoscopic sympathectomy is one, one of my friends had this and this completely cured her hands from sweating. There can be side effects such as redirected sweating. My consultant dermatologist advised me against because of my severity of hh of hand and axilla and said i could end up sweating lots on my back or from my groin. Once this happens it irreversible so i decided against. I then tried a course of iontophoresis which worked. I purchased my own machine (idrostar) and yesterday was the first time in my life I had an interview and my hands didn't sweat one little bit not even clammy! I was amazed and so relaxed for the first time ever. I am now going to buy adaptors for my axilla. I have in the past had botox under my arms which does work but only for about 5 months. It is expensive but I have been lucky.and had it done on the nhs about 4 times. I don't know about full body hh but i iontophoresis can help sort your hands, feet amd axilla out its worth a try. Hope this helps.