Gamers thread

Megaten

I discovered a new site called Gamermeld. Its supposed to be kinda like a Facebook that matches you up with not only gamers of similar interests but also personality. Its in Beta right now but Im gonna try it and tell yall how its working out.

Hot_Tamale

I discovered a new site called Gamermeld. Its supposed to be kinda like a Facebook that matches you up with not only gamers of similar interests but also personality. Its in Beta right now but Im gonna try it and tell yall how its working out.
What an early Christmas present, thanks for posting that! Don't make me feel guilty for not getting you anything, now. The site feels a lot like facebook but without the chat feature, which is nice. If anyone is interested in adding me on the site, PM me for my username or PM me yours. Looks like an awesome site, the features to come ought to make it even better, I hope.

Last edited:

Ithior

Started playing Killing Floor. Soundtrack got boring fast. Now I'm killing zombies to classical music.

Rawz

I have 73 games installed (maybe a few more I forgot) and almost no hd space left.

I'm gonna need to buy another hd.

squidgee

Just bought Alien Isolation, Papers Please, To the Moon and Dark Souls from the Steam sale. Looking forward to Alien Isolation, haven't had a good scare in a while.

Megaten

I think I might be done with multiplayer stuff for the year of 2016 unless something amazing draws me back in. Im finding it particularly stressful trying to find people to play specific games with. And on the flip side, playing online stuff like Halo, Star Wars and Black Ops is hard to pick up again after having sat it down for a few weeks. You gotta either be really skilled or know the maps well to compete with people that do nothing else but play Call of Duty. So its RPGs and sandboxes for me until I stumble upon a large sum of disposable income. *le sigh*

Hot_Tamale

I think I might be done with multiplayer stuff for the year of 2016 unless something amazing draws me back in. Im finding it particularly stressful trying to find people to play specific games with. And on the flip side, playing online stuff like Halo, Star Wars and Black Ops is hard to pick up again after having sat it down for a few weeks.
Like finding a needle in a haystack among the millions of PSN usernames, and when you do find someone they don't respond on PM.....happens all the time. All gamers aren't parallel lines though, they intersect with someone else with their interests eventually.
I play NHL 16 occasionally and I found an online opponent once, I wasn't a very good player at the time and fumbled with the controls a lot. Mid-way through the 2nd period I was staring down the business end of a 4-0 score....then I manage to score on a nice tic-tac-toe play on his goalie. I see a picture in the corner of the screen indicating his mic has been turned on and I immediately think "oh no..." I get called a "bitch" and a "motherf**er" and something about his 4th line being out :bigsmile:
Anyways, why am I posting this? I'm scared to play online anymore and it spread to other games I play on the ps4, I can't enjoy C.O.D. so I don't play it either because of it. I feel like a "kitty" and I don't even know what to do about it.

Last edited:

Megaten

Like finding a needle in a haystack among the millions of PSN usernames, and when you do find someone they don't respond on PM.....happens all the time.

Tbh I feel people in general just aren't very considerate about PMs, even here at social phobia world. All part of why I'm slowly shedding the desire for online interaction. Its a whole lot easier to blow people off when you don't have to look people in the face before you do it.

F0AM

Hot_tamale and Megaten dont give up! there are nice ppl too. I don't usually play online since 90% of my games are singleplayer but i had mostly good experiences with the games i played online on psn. The only ones i didn't like were quitters or those who rush, i hate that, let me take my time and gather all the things i need before continuing! lol

But i know that feeling, sometimes i play MMOs (online only games) and i left WoW because of it's stupid community (at least the spanish one) eventually found FFXIV and thanks god it's the opposite (of course you find "not so nice" people but they're mostly nice).

Anyway, don't let those idiots ruin your games, i'm sure that eventually you'll find nice gamers too! ^^

And Megaten, what happened to Gamermeld, was it any good?

Megaten

And Megaten, what happened to Gamermeld, was it any good?

The guys running the site said they were unable to fund it to keep it running. I never got the chance to use it because Ive been drowning in school work >.< It would have been nice though because Raptr (the other thing I use) is kinda dead at the moment. I take back what I said about not playing online anymore. I got sucked into Warframe so Im trying that out now.

tumblr_nisdmkub2V1qlriuxo1_500.jpg

Megaten

Anyone else riding the Dark Souls 3 hype train? Just a few more weeks until I can have an excuse to roundhouse kick my tv out a window.

dannyboy65

Recently I've been going between Fallout 4, Plants Vs Zombies, Dying Light, Shadow Of Mordor, and Diablo 3. I sometimes pick up Witcher 3 but it never keeps my attention for to long sadly I really enjoy it yet I don't know.

dannyboy65

Tbh I feel people in general just aren't very considerate about PMs, even here at social phobia world. All part of why I'm slowly shedding the desire for online interaction. Its a whole lot easier to blow people off when you don't have to look people in the face before you do it.

I have you on PS4 already. I was looking for people to play Diablo with and I found the easiest way to find someone was through communities for the game. If you want to find people you should look into that.

Megaten

I have you on PS4 already. I was looking for people to play Diablo with and I found the easiest way to find someone was through communities for the game. If you want to find people you should look into that.

Ive actually done just that recently and joined a few groups. Whoever came up with the idea is brilliant. I havent had much use for it lately since I traded in the majority of my online games. Ill make good use of it when The Division and DS 3 comes out next month though. Those dark zones in The Division are gonna be gank central.

Have you tried Super Meat Boy? If your TV can survive that, it can survive Dark Souls.

And I totally agree with that lol. That game and Bloodrayne Betrayal made me cry tears of blood >.<

F0AM

Hi! :bigsmile:

Does anyone here have Hitman Absolution (PS3 version) and want/can help me with a trophy?

Thanks anyway!!

Last edited: