genetic or not?

Do you think HH is genetic?

• Total voters

jabinda

Hi, I have been doing a lot of research into Hh and the possibilities there being a genetic link.
Some say that it can be a autosomal recessive gene...
Two of my brothers are insulin dependent diabetics and my grandmother has an overactive thyroid....those are linked and there are some links from disbetes nad the thyroid gland to HH.
What do you think? Anyone else have family with insulin dependent diabetes and/or thyroid probs?
I am also looking into seeing a geneticist profiler to check the chemical, chromosomal and the such make up of me....there has got to be something a miss chemically.
:idea:

Hotshots

jabinda said:
Hi, I have been doing a lot of research into Hh and the possibilities there being a genetic link.
Some say that it can be a autosomal recessive gene...
Two of my brothers are insulin dependent diabetics and my grandmother has an overactive thyroid....those are linked and there are some links from disbetes nad the thyroid gland to HH.
What do you think? Anyone else have family with insulin dependent diabetes and/or thyroid probs?
I am also looking into seeing a geneticist profiler to check the chemical, chromosomal and the such make up of me....there has got to be something a miss chemically.
:idea:

I think there was research somewhere online that showed that hh is a genetic thing that usually runs in the family

jabinda

research in terms of genetic/hereditary causes is more prominant for secondary HH.
There is NOONE else in my entire family history that has/had HH but there is thyroid and insulin dependent diabetes (not old age, or diet)
So, i was wanting to hear from anyone who has thyroid or diabetes in their family...or does anyone have a sibling with HH too?

jabinda

research in terms of genetic/hereditary causes is more prominant for secondary HH.
There is NOONE else in my entire family history that has/had HH but there is thyroid and insulin dependent diabetes (not old age, or diet)
So, i was wanting to hear from anyone who has thyroid or diabetes in their family...or does anyone have a sibling with HH too?

grissom

no one in my family has hh, im sure if they did i would notice cos all my family are fine clothing wise and my mum said she sweated a lot whenshe hit puberty but its obviously gone now, and inpics of her i see she is wearing tight clothes and has no sweat patches so i think she just said that to make me feel like it will end soon. but it hasnt. my dad is diabetic, he was type 2 but now he said is type 1 but has to take tablets not injections. but i dont know i didnt ask him.

hyperxtechie

No one in my family has Hyperhidrosis either. No one from my Dad's or Mom's side. I'm not sure past my grandparents though. I hope none of my kids would get this, but at least I would know how to help them now if I did. In the past, I just took it as something I was born with & wasn't aware that it could be treatable.

Jezza

Hi,

My grandfather was a diabetic and my other grandfather apparently used to suffer from a mild case of palmar/plantar HH.

I have a serious case of palmar/plantar HH, but none of my other close relatives have.

Guess I could have been unlucky to inherit a combination of genes to make me sweat...

Seriously uncool.

r1234

i actually think there's thyroid problems in my family on my dad's side. i'm not sure what exactly, but i remember him saying there were.

baller86

granfather with diabetes. And my mother's side tends to sweat a lot, but that might be because they are overweight.