"get a life"

mikebird

Banned
My beloved hates are

How are you?

You alright?

That's the... limpest, single-dimensional type of... anything

It's the most moronic line i have ever heard, if someone didn't have a life they wouldn't be alive. I don't guess these idiotic sheep get it though, just realize how stupid it is and laugh it off and try to explain to them that it makes no sense and that they are just parroting it from their stupid little friends and/or family.:)

OceanMist

It's a way to tell someone they need a working life or social life, or both.

It's a quick way of saying that without explaining exactly what they mean. They aren't saying to literally get a life, as that wouldn't make sense because everyone is alive, hence, they have a life they are living.

I'd rather they explain what they mean, but I guess get a life is a natural thing to say. It's not always designed to help, but sometimes to just shut the other person up. I believe it's called an ad hominem attack?

It's a natural thing to say if your a mindless zombie that parrots out everything that you hear people say. That's what i thought it meant lol either that or to F off, some people are not interested in a social life though, (Schizoids).

Kinetik

Well I always took it to mean stop being a prick, or stop being so pedantic. Not so much "get a social life/job etc".

OceanMist

Well I always took it to mean stop being a prick, or stop being so pedantic.

Hmm, it can mean that too. I guess it can mean more than what I explained.

Rick Pitino just said a guy needed to get a life because he watched too much basketball, haha.

recluse

Also ''you need to get out more''

It implies that i am hermit which i am really, and i hate it because the truth hurts.

MikeyC

Some man who deliberately cut me off in a parking lot once followed me to where I parked and yelled this at me a couple times (with a couple obscenities thrown in here and there). I do not take it personally. It's hardly creative.
Wow, someone had a chip on his shoulder...!

Golden Beam

Some man who deliberately cut me off in a parking lot once followed me to where I parked and yelled this at me a couple times (with a couple obscenities thrown in here and there). I do not take it personally. It's hardly creative.

Talk about rude behavior. Why do jerks like this, who are in the wrong exacerbate their own situation by pretending its all your fault? After they yell & go away, you just got to laugh.

DevC

Had some dolt like this on a bike this morning, some people are just so ignorant it hurts.

Predacon

I'd wonder what they were talking about. I already have a life, maybe not one they'd like but suits me most of the time.