Girls, do you go for personality or looks?

gummybear22

personality is most important hands down, but that doesn't mean i don't notice their looks at all. but, looks' importance in how i feel about the guy is different for each one i suppose.

GhastlyCC

Just curious as to weather the majority of girls go for personality or looks.
This.
But I'm not a girl so my answer probably doesn't mean much(Though,The same question can be asked of either sex.)heh

Just like you and every other male don't think alike and don't find the same things attractive.
Girls/Women don't either

xSleepy

I like cute guys with curly/long hair who listen to me long time, feed me chalupas and play with my kitty.

So I guess I go for both.

Yarrow

The majority want a combination. I'd be willing to make some pretty big concessions for personality, though.

Not a girl here, but aren't looks and personality two sides of the same coin? It's not like when someone has one or the other you can choose which you want to live with, you have to live with both.

I don't see how anyone could go for either the one or the other, they seem too intertwined as such. While you can't admit it nowadays without being labelled shallow, looks matter to a certain degree. People like pretty people (and that's perfectly okay). However, that isn't something you want to soley base your relationship on. You'll also have to be able like- or at very least tolerate, his/her behaviour.

Good personality might give you a better tolerance for less than perfect looks, and vice versa, but when it comes down to it you really can't exclude one or the other.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Not a girl here, but aren't looks and personality two sides of the same coin? It's not like when someone has one or the other you can choose which you want to live with, you have to live with both.

I don't see how anyone could go for either the one or the other, they seem too intertwined as such. While you can't admit it nowadays without being labelled shallow, looks matter to a certain degree. People like pretty people (and that's perfectly okay). However, that isn't something you want to soley base your relationship on. You'll also have to be able like- or at very least tolerate, his/her behaviour.

Good personality might give you a better tolerance for less than perfect looks, and vice versa, but when it comes down to it you really can't exclude one or the other.

Agreed...

I would add, I think when you first meet someone, looks matters not only in the sense of beauty, but in how your personality is reflected in your image.