Glycopyrrolate and negative effects?

Wetpalmed

After hearing all the hype on these forums about Avert and Robinul I finally decided to get it which I will have later on today.

Most medicine makes me a pretty skeptical person, side effects being the biggest. At this point the sweating is so bad I have no hope at happiness so I have to give it a shot, whether it could potentially kill me or cause long term serious problems.

But I wanted to hear from real people, besides dry mouth and potentially other dry areas are there any negative side effects you suffer that deter you from glycoprrolate?

Solo Dolo

i get extremely dry and heat exhausted and will get dizzy and constantly feel like im gonna die/pass out.

not a good time. I hate my life.

Wetpalmed

i get extremely dry and heat exhausted and will get dizzy and constantly feel like im gonna die/pass out.

not a good time. I hate my life.

That's... disappointing, my body always run hot while dripping from my hands/feet/face. I'm also curious does anyone know what happens to the sweat that you'd normally have, like is it absorbed by the Avert or does it stay in your body but suppressed?

I'm a bit nervous about dehydration problems especially as a heavy drinker.

margiehope

That's... disappointing, my body always run hot while dripping from my hands/feet/face. I'm also curious does anyone know what happens to the sweat that you'd normally have, like is it absorbed by the Avert or does it stay in your body but suppressed?

I'm no expert (though I have been on Avert for years), but I don't think the sweat stays in your body--I think it just isn't produced.

Also everyone reacts differently to glyco--and one person can have different reactions on different days. I don't always have dry mouth, and sometimes (but not always) have a sort of croaky voice.

But, since side effects are not constant or awful for me, I so much enjoy not pouring sweat.

Wetpalmed

I'm no expert (though I have been on Avert for years), but I don't think the sweat stays in your body--I think it just isn't produced.

Also everyone reacts differently to glyco--and one person can have different reactions on different days. I don't always have dry mouth, and sometimes (but not always) have a sort of croaky voice.

But, since side effects are not constant or awful for me, I so much enjoy not pouring sweat.

I took 2 mg last week and it took awhile to kick in, my hands were dry but so was my mouth and it was uncomfortable. I'm going to try and break open a pill and just eat half the powder and see if that's better.

I know it's been a while since you posted this, but are you still taking glycopyrrolate? I am really considering taking it as I have many other treatments for my HH and nothing has helped. I am really sick of having hands that are constantly wet and just don't want to worry about shaking someone's hand anymore. I know you said that one of the downsides of glycopyrrolate is dry mouth. Do you think you could use Biotene rinse to relieve this symptom? Anyways, please let me know how the glycopyrrolate worked out for you and the pros and cons of taking it! Thank you!

uksam

I took 2 mg last week and it took awhile to kick in, my hands were dry but so was my mouth and it was uncomfortable. I'm going to try and break open a pill and just eat half the powder and see if that's better.

I wouldn't advise doing that, may end up with an incredibly dry mouth as a huge amount of the powder will be in contact with your tongue and mouth.

I get dry mouth too, after about 2 mg, and while it was annoying, drinking lots of water stopped it being too uncomfortable. I dont take it every day (though with summer coming up I might have to take it much more regularly), but when I first started, at the end of last summer, I found that after several days of taking 2mg a day I began feeling like I needed to urinate frequently and it felt like I couldnt hold it in, even though there wasnt much urine to pass. It was a strange feeling and I ended up cutting down after that point, though the weather got cold so I didnt need to rely on avert as much.

Edit: Sorry, I didnt see that this was an old thread that had been bumped! Hope glyco is working for you!