Glycopyrrolate - My success against craniofacial HH

Since I discovered all the information about Glycopyrrolate through this website, I wanted to share my experience. I was prescribed 1 or 2 1mg pills up to 3 times a day. When I first started taking it, I would simply take 1mg a few hours before some event where I wanted to keep dry and was unaware of the food relationship with this drug. Needless to say my results were not that good. I stuck the pills in my medicine cabinet and continued to use 3% secure wipes with varying results. I came back to this site again as soon as the warmer weather started up and my HH returned in all of it's glory. I came across a post that detailed how taking Glyco on an empy stomach makes a big difference so here is what I did. It was a weekend and the weather forecast was calling for temps in the 80's and high humidity the next day. I awoke at 6:00 and took 2mg. I did not eat anything for 3 hours and at 9:00 had a small light breakfast. At 10:00 I noticed a distinct dryness in my throat which I controlled very well by sipping water. I then went outside to perform a very conclusive test...Weed the garden. This activity would have normally had me literally pouring buckets within minutes of starting, but not this day! I worked myself fairly hard for a good hour and a half and I was amazed that I was still dry! I did sweat a tiny bit but normally I know I would have been pouring sweat. Fear of overhating, I kept myself plenty hydrated by drinking water all along. All of a sudden I started thinking...Maybe I can go to the fair this year... Maybe I can vacation again... Maybe summer is not that bad!! I was nearly giddy with excitement. So I hope that my story may help someone else who suffers from this horrible condition and gives them the same relief I have received from this great drug! Glyco WORKS!!

ukchick

Brilliant, I am sooooo happy for you. It gives us hope when someone on the forum has a positive outcome on something.Thanks so much for sharing x

karl:-/

Can we get these drugs in the UK on prescription?? I have bad HH after my ETS were done..

chloe909

pharmacy.ca can ship anywhere. i got mine thru them. you don't need a prescription. basically one of their physicians/pharmacist will email you and ask you some questions i think. and you just have to answer. just for them to know if you're qualified for them to issue you avert or not.

margiehope

Interesting question, Root. I myself have NOT noticed mental or emotional side effects from Avert. I think "giddy with excitement" describes the relief and happiness connected with no long having to suffer with extreme effects of HH.

Root, Margiehope is correct. I have not noticed any mental or emotional side effects from Glyco. The only side effect I have noticed is a dry / sore throat. I found chewing gum, sipping water, and throat lozenges to be effective in counteracting that problem. The "giddy with excitement" comment was just my expression of joy that I may now be able to enjoy activities that I would normally refrain from because of the HH problem.

I would like to add that I attended my daughter's graduation ceremonies this past weekend in a hot crowded gymnasium and with the help from Glyco, remained bone dry throughout the whole thing. Hot crowded places have obviously always been my biggest anxiety triggers. This is probably the first event such as this that I have been able to fully enjoy without extreme anxiety in a very very long time. I've always wondered about the correlation between my social anxiety and my HH, not sure which was causing which. With the use of Glyco, and remaining dry when in a hot, crowded situation, my anxiety was diminished to a very low level so I never got into that "vicious cycle" where I would start sweating, become anxious, then sweat even more, and so on. So I guess I found my answer to that question, it all started with the HH, not the other way around.

karl:-/

Just got back from dermatology and they give me Ditropan 2.5mg 2/3 times a day. Like I say just got them ill post tomorrow with news on my day.. if these don't work I've got to apply for medical funding of 7,000 pounds for others pills that could work. That price is only for a yr supple :-( any form of HH sucks balls!!