Got a date and I dont know if I should go through with it?

shy_miss_fly

I met this guy while I was out with some friends and he acually asked for my number even though I was really quiet and didnt really say much. Just last night he called me and wants to do something. Part of me really wants to go out with him, but Im absolutly terrified. I keep changing my mind if i should go or not. I havent dated much in the past. I've only had one serious bf. I know I should go because I hate being singel and really I dont have anything to lose, but really you wouldnt believe how scarde I am, just talking about it I start to shake. LOL sorta sad really.

Angie_05

I am in a long distance relationship. I see my boyfriend about once a month. I get sooo nervous right before I see him because I feel like its a blind date every time. I always got nervous on first dates too. When I met my boyfriend it was a blind date (sorta...we had only spoke on the phone). Imagine if I had never gone because I was scared;I never would have fell in love.

Anxiety sucks, but if there is anything that is worth sucking it up for, it is a date. Take Renegade for example, he's ready to see a girl he's never met in her city because he likes her so much.

kkidd8

I think you should give it a shot. But only if this guy is worth it. Do you actually like him? You probably do or you wouldn't be getting so worked up, i guess.

Perhaps a movie would be an option because think about it:
-dark theatre
-don't have to chat too much
-etc...

Well good luck and make sure this guys even worth getting worked up over.

lostboi

Re: Got a date and I dont know if I should go through with i

shy_miss_fly said:
I Part of me really wants to go out with him, but Im absolutly terrified. I keep changing my mind if i should go or not. I havent dated much in the past. I've only had one serious bf. I.

I soo very much relate to this. I recently posted about this same thing.
I just recently went out on a date. It actuallly went ok. I was completely freaked out about the whole thing before I left the apartment. I was a nervous wreck. But once I got out and was actually on the date. It was fun and I didn't feel nearly as SA as I thought I would, tho I was still really quiet. and we didn't really have that much in common so Don't know if I will go out with her again I think she may become a friend at some point tho. My point is. it wasn't bad. and if the guy really likes you and you are interested in him you should go for it!

introvert

I agree with what someone posted. Don't just go along just to be with someone - anyone. Go along if you actually like this guy. And remember, if you don't go along it's not the end of the world - you will just have another small thing to add to the list of 'things I didn't do'.

young

Re: Got a date and I dont know if I should go through with i

shy_miss_fly said:
I've only had one serious bf. I know I should go because I hate being singel and really I dont have anything to lose,

you already answered your own question. :wink:

look at it this way, you don't go you'll just regret your decision later.