Got the most strange advice ever today

paul

This person who noticed that I was quiet and shy in school (back when we were in session) suggested to me today that I should join a marching band

A marching band?!?!? Is he insane? Not only does that attract attention, but it also makes people judge you, too. Personally I think joining something like a marching band is one of the worst things somebody with SA could do :?

Nvenya

People might suggest such things because they believe it will bring you out of your shell. I joined choir and orchestra in school and even did a little theatre(nothing better than pretending you are someone else). I was still scared of everyone but I actually made some friends during that time who were able to look past my exterior. Too bad it doesn't last forever. Yes, I was judged by everyone, but I always feel like I'm being judged no matter what I do. I am sitting at home right now and jobless and I still feel like someone out there is judging me for it.

redlady

The psychologist that i see wants me to strive to be toast master! Before she suggested it she told me i would probably laugh at her - and i did. Who knows? I'm not going to completely close my mind to it.

Quinzio

People in general are clueless and do say a lot of idiocy.

This doesn't mean you don't have to join a marching band or a theater group, it'up to you.
But it's not because of it you will cure you SP.

Angie_05

Nvenya said:
Yes, I was judged by everyone, but I always feel like I'm being judged no matter what I do. I am sitting at home right now and jobless and I still feel like someone out there is judging me for it.

You make a very interesting point. Hmmm...

FaymeLevy

Nah, *I* got the strangest advice...a friend of my Mother thinks I really need to get a job, so he suggested that I become a phone sex operator...because then I dont have to leave the house...duhhhhh LMFAO

paul

You all bring up good points. But I could never be in a marching band anyway because I have no musical talent o_o It'd just be too much anxiety.

Toast master... interesting :?

I don't exactly think a phone sex operator is the best job for somebody with ... well, actually, anybody :)

redlady

paul wrote:

Toast master... interesting :? I don't exactly think a phone sex operator is the best job for somebody with ... well, actually, anybody

Sorry am i understanding you right - do you think a toast master is a phone sex worker? There is actually a club you can join and it involves it's members getting up and making speeches / toasts. My psychologist was a member of such a club which is why she suggested it to me.
Mmm... a phone sex operator - not on your life - i'm far too bashful. :oops:

paul

hey, sorry for the confusion, I meant those as separate things. I probably should have made those on separate lines :edits:

I've heard of those clubs except I never really knew what they were about.

redlady

Oh no sorry pardon me - i should have read all the posts better then i would have known you were referring to FaymeLevy's post. What was i thinking anyway to think that someone would confuse a toast master as a phone sex operator? :? Whoops.