Greetings!

Steve23

Hey everybody. I'm Steven from Vancouver Canada. Just sort of stumbled on to this site so I thought I would introduce myself to the community! I'm 22 and have had social anxiety for as long as I can remember. It's only recently really become a bit more prominent as I moved out to the city from a really small tight-knit community. After graduation most of my friends went there own ways as did I coming out to Vancouver for post-secondary. I just find the city so terribly busy and noisy for me and it's been hard starting anew and meeting new people. I've spent a lot of my time in solitude here too reluctant to make the initiative to meet others. It's been pretty frustrating for me as the feelings of isolation and loneliness can become quite overbearing. I've just recently been seeking counselling and taking medication for my anxiety and just started a SAD support group and things seem so far to be looking forward. I suppose joining this forum has been another way I'm looking for that extra bit of support to get past this barrier.

Anyway, I look forward to getting acquainted with the community and sharing my experiences and/or lending support to others. :)

Ignace

Wow, a lot of introductions today.:)
Good luck with your S.A.D support group. :D
Welcome to the site too.::p:

coyote

I met a woman shopping in my store today who was from "Queen's Land."

At first I thought she meant San Francisco, but she had a strange accent that I could hardly understand - so I figured she must be Canadian.

Is that anywhere near Vancouver?

Steve23

I met a woman shopping in my store today who was from "Queen's Land."

At first I thought she meant San Francisco, but she had a strange accent that I could hardly understand - so I figured she must be Canadian.

Is that anywhere near Vancouver?

Not that I am aware of. Might be possible she was Australian. I know Queensland is a state in Australia.

I don't think Canadian accent is strange. I am Canadian!
There is a Queensland in Alberta: Queensland, Canada though I don't think its a city. Google maps keeps pointing to Australia. And that's the extent of my mapping skills.

evi

Welcome Steve!!!

It sounds like you are going in the right direction. You make me very hopeful!!!

Evi :)