Guys Room

Anonymous

This question is for my fellow social phobics who are particularly afraid of women:

"What makes you feel attracted for a girl?"

I have a theory that we feel that way according to the following two principles:

1- They must display shy behaviour in order to appear less frightening.

2- They must be physically delicate/fragile, for the same reason as above.

I know for sure that those work 100% for me. All my (platonic, of course) crushes have been like that. Share your thoughts!

Anonymous

--either shy or outgoing is fine by me, as long as she's not overbearing or has a too-strong personality
--intelligence, wit, opinions
--enjoys going beyond small talk when comfortable with the person she's with
--appreciates my odd sense of humor and my collection of dubiously useful information
--I prefer size 16 over size 6 ;) though I find all types of gilrs attractive. Physical appearance is certainly not the most important, but I have to have some level of attraction to the person.

LilMissTragic

Sorry to jump on in...er...but is this guys room as in your name...or Guys room as in no woman?...lol...If ifs the latter then sorry!

Yossarian

I think it's the latter. Personally I wouldn't mind hearing from girls about guys or any preference anyone has whatever gender etc. Not my thread though !

Yossarian

Glad that's cleared up then!

I don't really have that many preferences. I like shy and gentle woman but I also like strong willed woman as well. I know what you mean about them appearing less frightening but I love the way Deborah Harry (in her prime) had a look in her eye which said I'll eat you up and spit you out little man. :wink:

Flax

I'm attracted to girls who seem innocent and like to please people. The last two girls I wanted to go out with were like that. They made me feel like they cared about me and it felt good. I know it's unrealistic to believe anyone's innocent, but I don't want to date anyone who's meanspirited or girls who are wild and like to party a lot. Physically I'm attracted to women who have a good smile and pretty eyes. My head is turned more by women with large breasts and butt than by skinny model looking women. I'm never attracted to women who don't seem to like me even if they are physically very hot.

FruitLooPs

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Flax, the last girl I wanted to go out with was like that.

The one before was completely different, very foward and I actually thought that maybe I could go through with it since they liked me and were rather open about the fact. The fact that she was also very open towards a mate later that week was rather crushing, which made me even more wary of asking someone out. :?

I think i'll stick to liking the quiet ones, i'll ask one out one day I know I will. :)

I'm so glad that other people have similar anxiety surrounding these kinds of things, and that its not just in my head, or i'm just not as man as other people etc. :cry:

P.S. this is my first post, only found this place after being diagnosed a week ago :?

wistful_dementia

As cheesy as it sounds I prefer a woman who is strong and open minded yet still has a good heart. As far as initial attraction, I am attracted to pretty faces and nice attitudes. Bonuses, but not requisites, are women who are intellegent and somewhat independent and philosophical thinkers.
A woman who is genuinely nice, not a woman who feels that she has to be that way, is a relief. Yes, yes a woman who speaks her mind is great- why wouldn't I want to know what my partner feels and thinks. But, it is also great if a woman is speaking her mind to make a clear point and not simply to degrade me in order to make a point... noodles are not required though.

LilMissTragic

Sorry to butt in...again, but I thought men didnt like a woman who spoke her mind. I always speak my mind no matter what and it seemed to scare people. I am very open and honest about all topics and expect the same from a partner.

Condemned

I'm attracted to the beautiful quiet girl who is always by herself, is reluctant to talk to anyone, and dresses independently.

Johnie

Is this men’s room still open?

Altho' I have s-p, I have always had a job, and for 14 years I was one of the bosses/owners of a small(ish) business.

When I was about 40, we had a young 18 yo trainee (work experience) girl working with us on a 6 months whatsit. Sarah - Quite pretty. :p

The time was coming up for her to say goodbye. I was working over on my own, and Sar's comes up to me - I thought she had gone home. She sort of worms her way in, and says "Can you keep me on for another 6 months? Please?"

"Please, I'll do *anything* if you keep me on".
And flickered her eyelashes at me.

What to do? Was discretion always to be the greater part of valour? The office chairs were a bit uncomfortable but I guess they would have done. :twisted:

Unfortunately, I was only one among five bosses so my promise would not count for much. Let me say that she ended up disappointed on two counts.

Was I wise in looking a gift horse in the mouth? This was the nearest I've ever had to an offer from a girl, and Johnie went and blew it! :roll:

I always seemed to be in a situation like that - where there is something "inappropriate" about pursuing something further. Feint heart and all that.

tommydog

my relationships have never lasted, and its always because i get rid of them, for some reason relating to sp. I might think "righto thats enough, i dont want her to find out how i really am" or something else, but always sp related. Not to mention iv always chosen girls based on what my sp's needs, not mine, so im never happy because we are not compatable.

From now on, im going to choose who i want to go out with based on what the real me wants, and based on the girls qualities, not based on my sp.

So, now that thats out of the way :lol: im looking for someone who has a good sense of humour, is adventurous, is compassionate, someone who is confident, or atleast makes an effort, and good looking. I like girls with fuller bodies, i dont really dig that skinny model look, but as long as she is presentable and sexy that will do fine :lol:

LilMissTragic

lmao...sorry, i just like the way he calls them fuller body girls then goes ans says skinny about the opposite...Thanks for that, from this skinny girl...lol :)

Johnie

worrydoll said:
im glad you didnt take advantage of the girl johnie youre a gentleman indeed, fairplay to ya X

Yeah. Maybe I'll get my reward in heaven lol.
I'll convert to a Muslim and get my seven virgins!