Had a great day but needed alcohol

Anonymous

Hey guys,

Yesterday I got so sick of staying in the house for days and days on end that I thought fuck this shit I'm going to get the bus into town and see a bit of life, with a little help from the Vodka bottle mind sitting in the back of my wardrobe!!. I know I shouldn't but I would of been such a sorry sight without it, thats the reality for me.

I had a enough just to make me feel like I didn't care, I could still function, (I could walk straight) well just about!! Guys it was so great! Once I got into town it was amazing I walked through crowds of people and I didn't give a shit what any of them thought of me. I felt totally free from my SP, I hadn't felt so great in years!!

I'm not an alcoholic jesus I don't go out often enough to become one!!....ha ha ha but I guess it scares me that I have discovered that this is an answer for me, maybe a cure, I don't know but I feel so good with it, it feels so much better than being the fucking sad freak I have been for years.

I know that this isn't the right path to take but surely its something!!...it didn't feel wrong, all I know is it felt good to feel "normal" for one day at least.

Anonymous

Hey sorry its me again,

Just read through and oh my god how tragic do I seem??

lol.....thats not how I wanted to come across but hey too late now!!...sorry I don't drink when I'm at home.....hell I don't need too, my home is my sanctuary, my safe house...lol.....I only drink when I get so sick of staying home that I have to drink to experience being a "normal being".

Anonymous

Don't worry mate.

We all know how alcohol can make us so much more relaxed, and can viewed as a 'cure'. The important thing is not to depend upon it to get you out and about which you've already realised.

Scottish_Player

Hi,i have tried a drink called Kava that some people may have heard of,but if you havent i'll explain it.

First of it tastes like sweaty sock but once you get it down it gives you a very relaxed feeling,you know the way when you start drinking alcohol and you feel the effects coming on and it feels good,well kava is like this only it stays at this feeling which i like.

I have tried the capsuals which i would say are a waste of money,the powder stuff that you make into a drink is way better,i would advice that you try it at home first so you know what to expect and if you take a little extra it gives a very good nights sleep.I bought mines online from www.kickbackwithkava.com i think thats it just thought i would mention this ,its somthing you might wanna look into :)

Anonymous

but beware of kava...

"In recent years, several reports in the United States and abroad have linked kava ingestion with severe liver problems. Kava-containing products have been associated with at least 25 reports of liver-related injuries (including hepatitis, cirrhosis, and liver failure). In one case report, a 50-year-old man developed hepatitis after taking three to four kava extracts daily for two months. His condition quickly deteriorated and a liver transplant became necessary. "

"Other side effects associated with kava appear to be mild and infrequent. Some reported adverse effects include allergic skin reactions (such as contact dermatitis), dizziness, drowsiness, restlessness, stomach upset, and tremors. Long term use at high doses may cause flaky, dry, and yellowish discoloration of the skin, hair loss (alopecia), partial loss of hearing, and loss of appetite. Like alcohol, kava may also have intoxicating effects and should not be taken before driving. In addition, when taken together with kava, alcohol increases the risk of toxicity from this herb. "

Yossarian

I'm glad you had a good day. Shame it's so hard to do such normal, mundane things that others can do without thinking :(