Has Anyone Been Friendless

hoddesdon

I used to have friends. I think a big part of the reason why iv always had trouble making and keeping friends is that I don't give into peer pressure....I don't do all the stupid shit everyone is doing just because EVERYONE is doing it...im not subservient enough...Iv always been like that even before i understood what subservient even meant way back when i was a little kid...idk why I'm like that.

That is a good way to be.

SpaceTime

In my whole life I've only had one good friend and that was at college three decades ago. Friendships since have always fallen apart.

Is it my fault or other peoples' that I've such a poor track record? I probably have too high expectations of others and I know that I have poor social skills and I've screwed up many times. But when I have managed to strike up friendships I have often been let down. So I guess its a bit of both.

I think there is also quite a bit of luck involved in who you meet in life. But as I am feeling somewhat negative at this point in my life I'm not going out much, so I'm not really giving luck a chance.

Annie93

I have been friendless for 9 years. I just don't know how to talk to people. Don't even know where to go to find friends cause I don't work or study and am at home majority of the time.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I have been friendless for 9 years. I just don't know how to talk to people. Don't even know where to go to find friends cause I don't work or study and am at home majority of the time.

It's depressing how ah can relate to this; being in a very similar situation, myself.

Odo

Banned
I usually do okay making friends at work or at school... though I'm not sure that it's really a friendship where I can count on these people to be there for me.

Outside of work/school is a lot harder... mostly because work/school are usually the only places I've ever been able to meet people.

Monkish1

As I get older, my definition of 'friend' seems to be changing to anyone who will return my calls or make the reciprocal effort to visit. They also need to be not entirely self-absorbed and at least attempt to enjoy our time together. Had some seriously one-sided relationships throughout my life. Also, I'm ashamed to say that my own SA has damaged potential and longer-lasting friendships with great people.

Had some luck making friends by joining recreational groups, but I choose very carefully now.