Has anyone tried hynotherapy for treatment?

hbanana11

Has anyone tried using hypnotherapy as treatment for SA/SP? Is it any good?

Ive found that most of my SA/SP stems from my negative thoughts. Therefore, my SA/SP will only go away when my negative thoughts go away. I have tried one anxiety hypnosis cd but it only dealt with relaxing the body (only physical symptoms). However, i have recently found and am thinking about purchasing a program called Think Right Now! Dissolving Panic and Anxiety that deals with instilling positive thoughts in one's mind and getting rid of negative thoughts.

So im just wondering if anyone has had success or failure with hypnotherapy

kuhtreen

I bought two hypnosis downloads from www.hypnosisdownloads.com. One called "Overcome Shyness" and the other "Be Yourself Socially." I listened to the "Overcome Shyness" one for about a week, then I started getting bored and called it quits. I noticed that I was able to feel a teensy weensy bit more comfortable in social situations, but not a dramatic change at all. I think I gave up too soon, so I'm gonna start listening to it again tonight and I'm gonna make myself stick with it for about a month. If I don't notice any improvements, I'm moving on to the "Be Yourself Socially" one, and maybe I'll have more luck there.
I'll let you know if it works over time. Good luck with yours! And let me know if you find a good one that works for you. 'Cause I could definitely use some salvation. :cry:

elProscrito

i've tried self-hypnosis in the past for some time, but it didn't do me any good. i think that you have to be very consistent with this and do it for a longer period of time. and some people are just not susceptible to hypnosis so it won't work for them.
if you didn't try it you might give it a shot, but don't expect miracles

_Brittany_

omg!I was just talking about that today =o...I think it only works if it's done by a hypnotherapist in person....or who knows! a cd might work.

Lexmark

Yeh i paid through my arse to get some Hypnotherapy
I had all the sessions put on tape so i could listen to them in my own time but i destroyed them feering someone would find them. STUPID MISTAKE
From the 4 or 5 sessions I had i do remember one time it helped. A few years ago someone at school came up to and spoke to me ( i didnt know em ) and i actually spoke without even thinking or having a rush of anxiety. This was years ago but i still remember it coz it was my only experience anxiety and negative thought free.

HH

hypnotherapy is all a bit too hit and miss for my liking. I had hypnotherapy about a year ago for confidence/blushing but i haven't noticed any difference. I did three sessions with a trained professional. I was given some tapes to listen to at the end and listened to it for a few days but didn't carry on, it probably takes years for the tape to have any effect and i'm just lazy.
The best thing to do is use a CD/tape and see how you get on-if you see any improvement then find a professional. Just don't expect it to solve all your problems.

jayo

This can be very effective but you have beware of three things.
1. Use a qualified practioner.
2. Don't expect it to cure all your ills imediately.
3. Keep working at it - go back to the hypnotherapist, use postive thinking, challenge negative thinking, listen to subliminal messages.

I have found this to be beneficial - it raises me above the anxiety allowing me to naturally and confidently communicate with others.

Doomed2Die

jayo said:
This can be very effective but you have beware of three things.
1. Use a qualified practioner.
2. Don't expect it to cure all your ills imediately.
3. Keep working at it - go back to the hypnotherapist, use postive thinking, challenge negative thinking, listen to subliminal messages.

I have found this to be beneficial - it raises me above the anxiety allowing me to naturally and confidently communicate with others.

Tried that, cost a whole bunch of money for the family (a total waste). And was completely uneffective. The only good thing was that the chair used was super relaxing so I was pretty mellow for a few hours after.

In my opinion it is nothing more than another 'empty mind' technique, and those in general collide with my principles now anyway.

PlaceboEffect

Lea said:
I have tried more times, but I am not hypnabile. If there is someone who could do it let me know.

Everyone can experience hypnosis. You go in it when you watch a great movie or drive in a car. We do it all the time without knowing.

Putting you in an effective state for treatment is your hypnotherapists job and if he/she is skilled, it'll be a piece of cake to go in hypnosis.

hbanana11

So i just downloaded the Think Right Now! "Conquering Social Anxiety Now!" program. I happened to run across it to download for free on a website so i figured, what the heck it cant hurt to try. I dont know if the thing will be good or just a load of crap. Im going to try it for a few weeks and ill report back on how i like it.

PlaceboEffect

Lea said:
Ha ha, yeah you are right I go in hypnosis when I drive a car, that´s why I´m dangerous :twisted:
But I want to see my past and you don´t if you are in a movie or in car.

Hypnosis is a state of mind. What you do in it is a whole different story.

I had talked with my doctor about Hynosis as a solution to my panic disorder and the reactions that come with it... & he told me that professional hypnosis, does not work for a length of time. It may only work for 2-3 days. Unfortunately.

PlaceboEffect

x-xkittenx-x said:
I had talked with my doctor about Hynosis as a solution to my panic disorder and the reactions that come with it... & he told me that professional hypnosis, does not work for a length of time. It may only work for 2-3 days. Unfortunately.

He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.

Okay here is a quick fact: whatever you learn in hypnosis has the same or greater impact on you then if you learned it in normal state of mind.

If I teach you how to juggle while you're in hypnosis you won't just magically forget about it in 2 days. In fact you'll probably learn it faster and easier then if you learned out of hypnosis.

dpr

I tried what I guess would fall under self-hypnosis.

I took one of my favorite ambient "nature sounds" CDs and recorded a vocal track over it of myself reading affirmations.

"I am a nice person"... etc.

I listened to it every night for quite a long time. I don't think it did anything for me lol

I think something like that may work for a mild self-esteem problem, but I don't know if it can solve any real serious mental disorders.

Lexmark

hbanana11 said:
So i just downloaded the Think Right Now! "Conquering Social Anxiety Now!" program. I happened to run across it to download for free on a website so i figured, what the heck it cant hurt to try. I dont know if the thing will be good or just a load of crap. Im going to try it for a few weeks and ill report back on how i like it.
Yeah I just DL them 2
gonna try them now
if ya dont hear from me again it worked :D

hbanana11

Lexmark said:
hbanana11 said:
Yeah I just DL them 2
gonna try them now
if ya dont hear from me again it worked :D

The website where you can buy the program claims that you can benefit from listening to it even when you are busy doing other things. I emailed them asking if one can benefit from the program even if they are not focusing on what is being said (i tend to tune it out :) ). They replied and said that the results should be the same as if i was focusing on the affirmations.....im a bit skeptical about this but i will post updates on if it has done anything for me. I hope it will help you, even if it doesn't help me :)