has this been just my ocd until now?

jus4u76

a few years ago, i might have said f*cking jesus out loud, but it might be just that i had a thought and i thought that i said it out loud or breathed the words out or whatever, but i would never do something like that, so it would be something like fa and say jesus in my mind i think. im a christian and i never said anything against any religious figures, but i still do have the tendency to have those 2 words in my head and worry that i might have said it out loud. i think i never wanted to pray for forgiveness for this, but it was just a compulsion. i realized that it was my gut instinct telling me that it's just my ocd. do you think it's just my scrupulosity, so i should just ignore it and i didn't or won't have to pray for forgiveness for anything related to this?

i also worry that my mouth was open when those thoughts go through my mind because i thought that i would say it out loud or breathing while having those 2 words go through my head is like. these 2 words together is like my trademark now. i had these 2 words going through my head numerous times, so i got frustrated and tried to stop worrying about it by saying it out loud, but i would be very upset by even going close to it and it did!!!!

RedRibbons

It sounds like your ocd. Especially considering you are religious. It's not your fault that those two words are going through your head, so I don't think you need to pray for forgiveness.

I'm scared to be racist, so sometimes... I will say that N word in my head but I don't want to say it.. It just pops up.. And It's not even the whole word. Something it's just Ni.. Sometimes it's just the picture or thought of the word.. I am afraid that I will just say it out loud and not realize.. Or just yell it really loud or something around a black person. I am pretty certain I am not racist, so... idk.. I am more shocked than feeling the need to ask for forgiveness.. from anyone..

I think we get these obsessions when it goes against who we are as people.. Because it's really a fear.. Fear of being racist.. Fear of going against God..

Doomed2Die

Consider also the influence from your surroundings and other people. For example, if you hang out with people who swear alot, it's pretty certain it's going to affect you.

As as usual with OCD, the less you think/worry about it, the less you will actually do this. So when you do find yourself in worry about this, actually pray, it will it take your mind off it for one and also show to god your faith in turning to him in a problem.

Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let YOUR petitions be made known to God - Philippians 4:6 NWT

I just dont see that as ocd, to me its sounds like some festering form of tourettes syndrome or something else serious like schizophrenia for the fact that you dont know if ur sayin it or not, not knowing if your thinking or speaking...maybe ur hearing someone else sayin it...only a doctor will really be able to give u an answer

Helyna

From wikipedia (great source, huh? But I was too lazy to look for something else):

Intrusive thoughts are unwelcome, involuntary thoughts, images or unpleasant ideas that may become obsessions, are upsetting or distressing, and can be difficult to be free of and manage. Intrusive thoughts, urges, and images are of inappropriate things at inappropriate times, usually falling into three categories: inappropriate aggressive thoughts, inappropriate sexual thoughts, or blasphemous religious thoughts. Most people experience these thoughts; when they are associated with OCD or depression, they may become paralyzing, anxiety-provoking, and persistent. Many people experience the type of unpleasant or unwanted thoughts that people with more troubling intrusive thoughts have, but most people are able to dismiss these thoughts. When intrusive thoughts co-occur with OCD, patients are less able to ignore the unpleasant thoughts and may pay undue attention to them, causing the thoughts to become more frequent and distressing.

Look it up and see what you think.