Have you ever met anyone with SP?

AquariusOutkast

I have never met a person with SP before. I wish I had a friend with SP that lived near me. Normal people just don't understand what I have to go through everyday. Im so lonely and when I do meet someone I like, I drive them away. Will a normal person understand me and still like me if I told them about my condition. Could I be real with them, can they handle the truth? They will think that Im a loser and a psycho. Well, I do tend to get a little psychotic when Im in love but yeah... I ask myself, If I was a guy, would I like me? and the answer is NOoo, i don't think so~~ I don't want to settle for less. I want to find a guy that will like me as much as I like him. Sigh~ To have someone that makes you feel complete is something that a girl dreams of. I know that he is out there, but how will I meet him if Im always home.hahaha~

xSleepy

would you even know if you met someone who had social phobia??? i mean i try to be as normal as possible when im around other people. i never let them know that i have social phobia.
so i dont think i would know if someone else had the same problem as me cause theyde probably be pretending to be "normal" too.
i mightve been around a couple of somewhat shy people in my life, but i never thought to ask them if they had social phobia or anything. that would be weird.

but now that i think abou it. i remeber a kid i used to go to school with. i never really talked to him, but he kinda reminded me of myself. but thats about it.

IceLad

It's hard to tell.

Like SleepingBeauty said, socially phobic people are experts in covering up their symptons and hiding the truth :!:

I think I may off encountered at least a couple. One woman who I used to work with, never ever went to after work parties/ drinks. She, herself, would often joke that she was miserable and anti-social. Another person I can think of, I used to be good friends with. His everyday nervous behaviour often reminded me, of me, to some extent.

InDeepshit

yes i knew him for several years and had no idea he had SP. I just thought he had a quietly quirky personality, but then again he did avoid almost all formal social situations.

TAMPA-BAY

When I first saw your question I said no but then the more I started thinking about it. I am now starting to take a second look at the people I ve seen in my past. A few people just stick out in the crowd but the more I interact with the others members on these sites who also have anxiety I see how normal they appear to me at first glance.

I am now alwayse wondering about people I see at my place of work and at the shopping centers. Wondering who might be one of us but is just displaying a lie or a kind of illusion. I am alwayse amazed when i go the post your picture tread. I never would of guess that those people had social anxiety just from looking at their pic.

TAMPA-BAY

When I first saw your question I said no but then the more I started thinking about it. I am now starting to take a second look at the people I ve seen in my past. A few people just stick out in the crowd but the more I interact with the others members on these sites who also have anxiety I see how normal they appear to me at first glance.

I am now alwayse wondering about people I see at my place of work and at the shopping centers. Wondering who might be one of us but is just displaying a lie or a kind of illusion. I am alwayse amazed when i go the post your picture tread. I never would of guess that those people had social anxiety just from looking at their pic.