Have you given up on life?

21NZ

Do you find that even when something positive happens in your life, it doesn't make a difference...you're just done?

That's how I am. Even if you gave me the best news, gave me everything I wanted, it wouldn't matter. It's like I'm mentally done with life. Like I've mentally committed suicide so I just don't care anymore. :(

is you depression up and down ? i think that makes it worst, then just constant numbness.... like, one second i'll be extremely depressed then i'll have an idea get hopeful and feel a little better, think about how i'm going to do whatever it is... think how hard it's going to be, then think that i'm probably not going to be able to do it, then get depressed again....

Try and see what good there is instead of being so negative.

i think it's easier to look at the really really small things, like eating your favorite food, Getting goosebumps from music or movies, sleeping in on cold days_ took this to far today getting up a 4.30pm :( and it wasn't cold haha just small things you can enjoy that nothing, not even depression can take away from you and since "apparently" you can't physiologically be depressed all the time though sometimes it really can feel that way.... so anyway there's always a gap where you can sneak in these things :)

Flanscho

Nah, I haven't. I don't know whether I will ever get as happy as I could be, but I'm doing ok, so giving up would be silly.

Lea

Banned
I never even voluntarily lived, I just am here because I have to, because some crazy people decided to put me here. Now the life is dragging me along so I have to swim at least a bit to not get completely drowned, the goal is to survive it somehow if it needs to be. What I see along the way is sometimes interesting, but unrelated to my life and where I´m going to. I don´t really believe there is some ultimate win or goal in life. It´s more or less just temporarily illusions.

Run, rabbit run.
Dig that hole, forget the sun,
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.

For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave.

21NZ

Run, rabbit run.
Dig that hole, forget the sun,
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.

For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave.

Wow that is a cool little poem (not sure if you would call it an poem or something else like a hymn, but I'll go for poem none the less, Amp would probably know) thanks for sharing :)

jryden

is you depression up and down ? i think that makes it worst, then just constant numbness.... like, one second i'll be extremely depressed then i'll have an idea get hopeful and feel a little better, think about how i'm going to do whatever it is... think how hard it's going to be, then think that i'm probably not going to be able to do it, then get depressed again....

It is up and down, although I think deep down I am just a sad person.
I do get ideas, start on them and I'll be maybe 80% encouraged and excited. Something always happens to mess up my plans and I give up. I may not give up right away but after too many things happen, I have no choice but to give up. Its like the world or God (whatever you believe) does not want me to succeed.

21NZ

It is up and down, although I think deep down I am just a sad person.
I do get ideas, start on them and I'll be maybe 80% encouraged and excited. Something always happens to mess up my plans and I give up. I may not give up right away but after too many things happen, I have no choice but to give up. Its like the world or God (whatever you believe) does not want me to succeed.

hmm yeah it can certainly feel that way... i went to a small 600 kid high school... i never tried hard at school but was quite good at graphics and by far the best in my school at electronics (i don't why, but it just was easy for me) the first year of graphics was great, pass everything, the next year my teacher quit and myself plus 3 other people, because of how our time tables worked out, had to do it via correspondence which was impossible, none of us passed and for electronics only 3 people wanted (and could ) do it, but that wasn't enough to form a class.... so i couldn't do that either... :(

same thing for art sculpture and wood working :/ too

has happened with heaps other things out side of school as well. i think I've already told you but at one point even the nz govt killed one of my ideas. i don't believe in god or anything... i always refer to it as my "luck" my dad always says to me, "if you didn't have bad luck benjamin you wouldn't have any luck at all."

I think deep down I am just a sad person.

^^^ same or that I'm missing something....

Last edited:

Lea

Banned
Wow that is a cool little poem (not sure if you would call it an poem or something else like a hymn, but I'll go for poem none the less, Amp would probably know) thanks for sharing :)

That´s the end of "Breathe" from Pink Floyd :).

laure15

I'm exercising, doing yoga, continuing to work hard on my schoolwork, and caring about my mental and physical health, so I don't think I have given up on life yet. One of the only things that keeps me going is weight loss; the more weight I lose, the happier I feel.

Fighter86

Unfortunately yes I have. Other than keeping in sight a few things in life I actually practise I have given up completely. I can't even get myself out of bed pretty much the whole weekend every weekend.

truffleshuffle

I'm the same in that i don't party etc, don't have friends, never had a girlfriend. I tried to be like ''everybody else'' and go to clubs with workmates but i felt i was being a fake by pretending to like something i hate doing. I wish i could be as positive as you though as i spend Friday and Saturday nights feeling depressed that everyone else is out having fun. I feel that life has and is passing me by.
I did party in my younger days I felt like to was what I was supposed to do and I got burned out. Its not at all what its made out to be your not missing out on much.