Hello Everyone :)

Streifen

I wasn't sure I would do an intro thread, but I suppose I will. I have been dealing with anxiety issues for a long time, but more severely in the last 6-7 years. Being around people is difficult for me, because though at times I can be good at putting on a mask and passing social expectations (Mom says I should be an actress), it's very draining for me and I need my own time and space to recharge. I feel sometimes that I can be hypersensitive and when something negative happens, real or perceived, it greatly knocks my confidence and stays with me for a long time. I always used to say that it was my family/financial situation that was holding me back from alot of things, but when I really evaluated my situation, I realize that I've had many opportunities, but always bungle it up because of my inability to assimilate and sustain the effort. Though it can be greatly uncomfortable at times, I want to stop running and blaming things I know aren't directly responsible for my problems and start making changes..in baby steps if need be ::p:. Nice to meet you all and hope I didn't talk your ears (eyes?) off, hehe. :)

Last edited:

Feathers

Hi & Welcome! :)

Have you checked the 'highly sensitive person' concept? I found it quite interesting/helpful! And yeah, I could be an actress too... maybe join a drama club? :)

Great to hear about making changes!! :) YOU GO GIRL!!

PS Don't worry, I talk a lot more when I get into 'action'!

GoBlue72

Hi Streifen. Welcome.

Bleh, USA. I think that's close to where I live. Yeah, I have the "Highly Sensitive Person" book by Elaine Aron as well, if I can ever get through it. It definitely touches on a lot of what you've described. I can get into a groove once I've gotten started at something, but like the last two days I struggled to get out of my house for more than a few hours. Might be worth checking out if you haven't.