Hello, Im a Newbie

richi1173

Hello, I've been trying for a long time to find a forum like this and boy, I'm glad I found it.

Just a little bio: I'm a 19 year old college student and I became an agorophobic a little over two years. My first panic attack was when I was a junior in high school and my life basically became a living hell after that. I had the world to look forward to since I was entering my senior year and this damn disease ruined it. I guess life sucks. *End of Bio*

By what I've heard, agoraphobia lasts for decades without treatment. Is that true? How long have each one of you had agoraphobia?

I don't think I can last one more year. I've already attempted to commit suicide and I've been having suicidal thoughts almost every hour of every day. Can anybody help?

FOR REAL

Banned
just try to remember there are a lot more people worse off than yourself. im sure that loads of people on here will give you better advice than me!

try not to worry about stuff that really doesnt matter

as they say "practice makes perfect" and i should know because ive been trying for 32 years!

BlaiseBLATES

I've had agoraphobia for a little over a year now,
And I'm already recovering,
You just need to get used to your panic attacks and learn what you can and can't do.
If you haven't already tried here are some of the methods I use:
Cognative Behaviour Therapy.
Yoga.
Self hypnosis cds.
Bach rescue remedy.
Amitriptyline.
Relaxation.
Breathing exersizes.
Just try anything and everything, cause the wierdest things can help.
Don't try and push yourself, I did that and relapsed.
I've also attempted suicide and such, I've been diagnosed with depression.
I'd try and get a phone consultation or a doctor to come out to your house. :)
Hope this helps, feel free to message me.

twinkleeyes

I'll be 21 next month and have had agoraphobia since I was 12. I'm sorry I haven't offered much help but I know I like people to respond to my posts so I figured I'd do the same.

richi1173

No sabbath, I have not tried ACT therapy, or any other kind of therapy or medication yet. However, Im becoming more pro-active in fighting agoraphobia and panic attacks as I go on.

Also, its nice to know that I have someone who knows what Im going through so close to home. It helps kill the feeling of loneliness.