Hello..

Morgan01

I was recently diagnosed with OCD and before I didn't know much about it. I thought I ws screwed up and crazy and no one could figure out what was wrong with me. Then my therapist said she thought it was ocd.. I read about it and almost cried.. that I had finally figured it out it was right on the spot.
All the things I thought that scared me soo much.. hurting my family.. becoming possesed or fearing religious things.. pedophilia.. going crazy..
are like some of the most common thoughts.
I felt so much better.
Of course it didn't make me stop being afraid.. It's so hard to live with. I feel like I fail at everything like my thoughts and everything I do get in the way of me being a good mom and girlfriend and worker.
I recently found this site and it's really great.. it really makes me not feel so alone.

Danfalc

Banned
Hey just thought id say welcome to the site :) I have no idea what its like to experience ocd,i think its one of those things you have to experience or you will never understand what its like to live with.

But i know how it feels to finaly get a name for whats going on with you and realising your not just loosing the plot.Hope the site helps and you stick around :cool:

durda_dan

i think its one of those things you have to experience or you will never understand what its like to live with.

This line is Super true, as i have tried telling my girlfriend what it's like and her answer is a simple 'Don't think about it'

Oh, also welcome to the site, it helped me, it helped others, and i'm sure it will help you too

getbornagain

Haha yeah my mom always tells me to "not pay attention to it" but telling someone with OCD to not pay attention is like telling a paraplegic to get up and walk around......

Morgan01

I just can't let myself give into that I just know that things can get better with therapy and I just can't give up

anomicdeer

You are not alone, but I wouldn't say you are possessed. It's just that you are not religious and the religious people say that but all it is is anxiety...in my opinion.

Dudley

Haha yeah my mom always tells me to "not pay attention to it" but telling someone with OCD to not pay attention is like telling a paraplegic to get up and walk around......

To quote my old pal, John Rambo, "You just don't turn it off!"

Welcome to the site, there are some awfully smart and helpful people here.