Hello

myworldsmiles

My name is Melissa and I am afraid to talk....to do pretty much anything in-front of people that I don't know well. I have a hard time making friends because of this so i don't know very much people. I feel as though i don't know how to react to what they say to me especially during casual chitchat. I am a cashier and i have to deal with chitchatty people and sometimes unpleasant ones and i realized that exposure doesn't diminish my fear but it is feeding this growing hatred i have against people in general..Anywhoo, I'm happy to have found this forum

Zak

Hello! and welcome!

I used to work at a snow cone stand and I had to deal with rude customers all day! Although people (for the most part) are really nice and friendly. I think it's just the rotten ones that spoil it for everybody.

Glad you joined the forums, it really helps to be able to communicate with people who are going through similar experiences.

Shyangel

Hell there, Melissa, and welcome!

I'm no good at connecting with people and I am terrified of casual chitchat. It makes getting friends and whatnot pretty dang difficult, I must agree. If you want a friend, I could use some myself.

dyingtolive

hi welcome to the site,

thats quite a job,

I worked in a similar job once where i had to often talk to irritated people and I wasn't able to last. I was traumatized with getting yelled at a young age so it didn't work for me,

But the chit chatty part, sounds like it could be fun too. Smiling sounds ok if you cant think of anything id think