Hello

RoboLobster

Hiya, my name is Tony. I've been social phobic for about 8 years (I'm 21). Bored late at night and stumbled across this site, and thought it'd be fun to post here.

About six months ago I was doing pretty well, had a good therapist, was on meds, I was getting out of the house alot, looking for work, even had a (first) girlfriend. Then everything just sort of collapsed. Girlfriend left me, I couldn't find work, dad kicked me out of the house. Only option was to move in with my sister who lived quiet a ways away, so I had to leave my few friends behind too. So I've been here at my sisters for about two months now, attempts to find work have been unsuccessful (really hard to find work with little education and no work experiance) so things are rough at the moment. I applied for Job Corp, hoping I can get into that soon, but the waiting list here seems to be a few months :( .

Sorry for the mini backstory/rant, made me feel better though. I'm nervious to post this, took me an hour to write, heh :oops:

Anyway, hello!

GettingThere

Hello RoboLobster,
21 is a tough age for us guys (if my memory serves me well) because it such a transitional age. Hang in there and I'm sure everything will turn around in time. Welcome aboard. :)

Anonymous

hey,

I'm a 21 year old guy, and I've only had one girlfriend my whole life, too.
I was with her for 2 1/2 years before she left me. I find it extremely difficult to go out in public. I'm in college right now, but it is so damn hard to go to my classes and I don't know how much longer I'll be in school. I just found this site today. It's always good to know that there's other people out there going through what you're going through.

Shadow

Welcome to the board, RoboLobster. I hope you can keep posting here. I'm fairly new myself.