Help..Marriage nightmare!

LilMissTragic

Ok ok ok, let me stay calm. My fianc'e has decided he doesn't want to wait any more, he wants me to marry him asap (he must be mad). Problem is, the reason I been putting it off is because I'm really scared of having to talk in front of a people. My fianc'e says there will only have to be 5 of us if thats what I want but even that seems to many as 3 of them I wont know very well. Damn, just when I though I was doing so well.
What if I can't speak, what if I get the urge to run, what if I just stand there and cry like an big idiot. Geez, to think this sorta thing is every girls dream...Its my nightmare. I want to marry him but its just the whole ceremony thing. Anyone got any suggestions?
Another thing...I haven't got a clue how to arrange a wedding. I dont wanna marry in a church or in a registry office, I wanna get married outside...Geez, I have no idea how to go about it at all. HELP!!!

pitkreet

Don't want to sound rude or step on any toes here as I'm new, but it seems to me that if your fiance wants to marry you he must love you. If he truly loves you, he would surely try understand your tremendous fear and let you decide the way you want to get married.

I know what you mean about the ceremony thing. I used to think that if ever I got married, it'd have to be a 5-minute Vegas style thing with just the preacher. Strictly no audience and certainly no speeches!!!!

Is marriage really so important anyway? You love each other and have each other, do you really need to bring the law in it? After all, the law's just a bunch of crumbly old blokes in wigs.

Anonymous

How about a field of Buttercups!

You could get married outside in a field or park where you feel an afinity for the natural beauty! By the sea, in a forest, by a waterfall. Whatever makes you feel good. Also, if you're okay with taking a prescription, you can go see your doctor and explain that you're getting married. Most brides, even without SP, are prescribed valium or Adavan in the days leading up to their marriage. If drugs are a no-no try drinking some camomile or nervine tea, these can often hold back a panic attack if taken when your body first warns you. Love & Luck!

Anonymous

My fianc'e says there will only have to be 5 of us if thats what I want but even that seems to many as 3 of them I wont know very well. Damn, just when I though I was doing so well.
What if I can't speak, what if I get the urge to run, what if I just stand there and cry like an big idiot
It's your party and it's normal for the bride to cry.Too much bloody made of the wedding party nowadays anyway.It's the fact that your in love that really matters,doesn't really matter where or how you tie the knot,it's the fact that you say I do that matters.

tommydog

LilMissTragic cmon babe ... your such a lucky girl to have that special someone.

You ARE doing good mate. Your going to be put into a formal occasion, thats going to be remembered by you, your partner, and the guests .. so you know you have sp, i dont think its unreasonable that your fearful ... dont be so hard on yourself !

If you are ready to marry this guy ... and the only thing holding you back is sp issues on the day .. i think you know what you need to do :wink:

All of us HAVE TO throw ourselves to the lions so to speak every now and again to help ourselves. Thats what you need to do aswell, put it in perspective.

Hey, if i can be a stripper at a lingerie party, you can get married gotdammit :lol:

ooo .. one other thing .. didga know that most people have no idea how to arrange a wedding, and most people get nervous about the speeches and the whole thing in general ? yep, everyday people aswell.

GettingThere

Go for it Lil. I have done two stints as bestman.
Aside from the photographs they both went well. The speeches had me really worried but with plenty of beer under my belt I got past it alright.
Ahhh, good old beer....

Its a great thing that you have found real love. Well done.

LilMissTragic

Righty, thanks you guys/gals. I can do it. I CAN DO IT!!!.
My fianc'e has been great, he's leaving everything to me so i've roped my mum into help. I think I've sorted where I want the ceremony where the focus wont be so much on me...clever idea me thinks. I'm gonna try to arrange a ceremony in a hot air balloon, that way only so many people can come up with us and because the views will be so great they wont really pay as much attention (hopefully...lol).

I've never taken drugs for my sp and I aint gonna start now so I'm just trying to remember that the day is gonna be my day and I'm gonna enjoy it. In fact, its killing 2 birds with one stone if i do the hot air balloon thing..always wanted to go in one. Anyways, I'll let ya know how it goes...and if anyone else wants to chuck some ideas in then go ahead.
I would invite you all to the party...but I aint having one...lol...sorry!

LilMissTragic

lol, Fred, I dont like heights much but its gonna be fun facing the fear. I kinda like that sorta thing (shame it aint that easy with SP). ohh hang on, i think one of the people my fianc'e wants as a witness is afraid of heights....ohh, well, new witness me thinks...lol.