Help Me to Help You

alexbaker

Hello all,

My name is Alex. Apologies for the Jerry Maguire segue way in the post title.

I am currently researching what will ultimately be a self published book on a number of social disorders. To that end, and hopefully with the help of forum members I am conducting some preliminary research, to try and get a feel for what people are experiencing and then look for answers.

Allow me to preface my questions by saying that whilst not specifically affected by OCD myself, I have the highest amount of respect and empathy for anyone struggling with a social disorder and my intention here is only to ask questions, which you may well consider basic and even banal, my apologies in advance if that is the case.

However I am hoping that the collective answers I receive I can put to good use and ultimately repay any help I get.

Thank you for your time:

My questions are as follows:

A - Where are you now in your life with regards to your condition?

B - Where would you like to be?

C - Identify the main difficulties and stumbling blocks preventing you from getting from A to B above.

That is if you were able to see linear progression from A to B, what precisely, singular issue by singular issue is standing between you from A to B?

Many thanks for your time on this, its very much appreciated. Just to note, I am not looking for any personal details at all, and you can PM or email me, whatever you are comfortable with.

Alex