Help me!

LittleCaesar

My life is getting ruined because of Blushing. Anytime I get called on to read something or answer a question in class, I blush. If the teacher says anything to/about me I will blush! Heck even at the dinner table at home and my Dad says something about me getting a girlfriend or him even asking me a simple question of "How was your day?" I blush! When a girl talks to me at school or anything at all, I blush! Even when someone talks to me, or when I talk to someone working at a Gas Station Store or something, I blush and can't control it! Please, how do I stop blushing without seeing a Therapist, getting any surgery, medications!

I need help!

MelissaQu

I know exactly how you feel. It's gotten better for me though, through exposure. It sounds scary, and it is at times, but it's the best way to combat this thing. There's nothing wrong with seeing a therapist by the way! And if you need medication, so be it, that doesn't mean you have to stay on it forever. Surgery seems drastic to me though.

Research cognitive behavioral therapy and exposure therapy, do some reading, and make sure you force yourself to try new things. That's one of the best ways to get over this. Just try to remember that when your dad asks how your day was, he's not trying to harm you in anyway, he just wants to know how your day went. Say, "good" and get it over with. As for the girlfriend questions, that's embarrassing and I still get red when that subject comes up, and I'm married!

I hope you feel better.