Help

bluemoonrising

I am suffering depression at the moment. Everyday I have to find something to carry on for. I shouldn't have to do this everyday. Its sad, but I can't find any reason to live anymore.

Blabla..

It is very understandable , life is something strange , we do not really understand it , but your motivation to live should be to , do anything it takes to help yourself , then help others.

Unfortunately that's how things are , we must work for our own self , nobody will do the job for us , there are many great sources of inspiration , they will come to you naturally.

I know you can do it .

ScaredToBreathe

live for the future. there's always things to look forward to ahead of time. for me, I'm still young, so I have an education, a career, and a family to look forward to in my future. i have depression too, and when i was younger i felt like i didnt want to live anymore, and im still depressed but i can go on. i live for my future and the good times ahead, for my friends, my relatives, and my pets.
even if you feel that there is nothing waiting ahead, nothing good in your future, you don't know it. be optimistic because there will be boths ups and downs in your life, and new experiences all the time. so don't give that up just because you dont feel like dealing with it anymore. you only get one lifetime, and though it may seem long and unfair, it's quite short and it's worth living. so dont throw that away. life is a gift and to just give it up is disappointing and selfish. what about your family or anyone who cares about you? they dont want to see you suffer, but they dont want you to die or anything either. so just try and be optimistic and do the things that make you happy or that at least make you feel a bit better.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
An important thing to keep in mind with depression: 'the world' is not how you are currently seeing it. We are biochemical creatures, and whatever emotions are currently squishing around in our soggy noggins color how we view 'the facts'. If the right combination of things happened, you could suddenly be looking at a world radically, unthinkably different from the one you see right now.

What seem to be unclimbable cliff walls to get to where you want may well turn out to be irrelevant in the end. The right answers for you may turn out to be simple and, well, stupid. For me, forcing myself to get as much exercise and sunlight as possible is the best strategy I've ever found against depression. Better than therapy, sympathetic friends, and all manner of medications.

Don't look for a purpose in life or a reason to live--have you ever noticed that only people who are depressed seek these things? Don't try to think your way out of it. Depression will insidiously guide your thoughts the wrong way, and into dead ends. Just act.

WeirdyMcGee

Sometimes the best place to start is with a therapist.
Sorting out your life and deciding what you need to do can be very difficult on your own but with a good support network and time, things will get better.

Dead_on_Arrival

I gat boughts of depression quite a lot, I got inspiration from right here. The first time I viewed this site I read the entire thread "the positive thread". Just looking at how people persieve themselves even when they feel at their worst helped me.

An important thing to keep in mind with depression: 'the world' is not how you are currently seeing it. We are biochemical creatures, and whatever emotions are currently squishing around in our soggy noggins color how we view 'the facts'. If the right combination of things happened, you could suddenly be looking at a world radically, unthinkably different from the one you see right now.

What seem to be unclimbable cliff walls to get to where you want may well turn out to be irrelevant in the end. The right answers for you may turn out to be simple and, well, stupid. For me, forcing myself to get as much exercise and sunlight as possible is the best strategy I've ever found against depression. Better than therapy, sympathetic friends, and all manner of medications.

Don't look for a purpose in life or a reason to live--have you ever noticed that only people who are depressed seek these things? Don't try to think your way out of it. Depression will insidiously guide your thoughts the wrong way, and into dead ends. Just act.

^Brilliant advice there!!!:)
Great thing about this forum is that reading some posts can remind us all of certain things we may have forgotten.