Help?

jigglypuff

So tomorrow I have to start a math class and I am freaking out I'm nervous, I can't stop thinking about tomorrow. I just don't want to go to those classes I feel like just going but locking myself in the bathroom while class goes on without me. I'm scared I'm nervous I hate my social anxiety I don't know what to do
My anxiety keeps holding me back from doing normal everyday things I can't go outside of my house without a panic attack or feeling depress. I always end up locking myself in the bathroom and cry because I can't be around people when I'm around them I feel fear, nervous, shy, depress, and I have bad intense thoughts I deal with the thoughts and feelings all at the same time. Please does someone have any advice or something?

MikeyC

Starting the math class tomorrow with people in the classroom sounds like history repeating itself: you're going to lock yourself in the bathroom and not come out.

However! You know what your normal reaction is, and you're aware of what you do, so now is a great time to change it. Focus less on the people around you and more on the work at hand. Do you enjoy maths? If so, focus solely on that, and you'll get by.

my experience is that it is almost never as bad as I imagine it's going to be, so I would encourage you to go to the class and report back here how it went

jigglypuff

my experience is that it is almost never as bad as I imagine it's going to be, so I would encourage you to go to the class and report back here how it went

It went well... There were only three people in the class I still felt uncomfortable but I was able to pull through, though I started panicking a bit when more people started coming in during the other half of the class.
but other than that it went well, at least during the first half...

jaim38

I experience the same thing. When I go to class early, there's only 2-3 people so I feel more comfortable. But when more people start coming in, it gets louder so I panic. In fact this week I couldn't help but cry in class. I sat at the back so hopefully no one noticed. Maybe the teacher noticed...not sure. Anyways, I think what we need is decent acting skills. We need to somehow fake that confidence and socialness the next time we go to class. I'm going to take acting lessons online as well as practice at home.