Hey everyone

sullyS1985

Hey everyone I am sean and I have avoidant personality disorder and SA which im pretty sure is the same thing with just a different name. I just wanted to say whats up as well as ask if anyone finds that smoking marijuana makes the anxiety a lot worse. I realize that since it does for me i probably shouldnt smoke it but I do. Does anyone else experience this or have you in the past?

Hey everyone I am sean and I have avoidant personality disorder and SA which im pretty sure is the same thing with just a different name. I just wanted to say whats up as well as ask if anyone finds that smoking marijuana makes the anxiety a lot worse. I realize that since it does for me i probably shouldnt smoke it but I do. Does anyone else experience this or have you in the past?

Hi there and welcome! Personally, I don't think that drugs are the way to go, but that's just my opinion.

sullyS1985

Welcome to the site.

Marijuana can cause paranoia which can lead to panic attacks. The effects are relative from person to person though. Smoking with other people can also lead to uncomfortable situations, this thread can be a good example.

There is also cases where pot makes people introverted as well as extroverted or anxious/less anxious. Like I just said, it is all relative to the specific person.

As far as me, it makes me yet more antisocial but a lot less anxious and relaxed, it also helps whenever I am going through the blues.

Thank you endymion, i really appreciate the other thread because it definately hits home. I guess my experience with marijuana is quite negative and has led to panic attacks/ just constantly analyzing what negative thoughts everyone has about me. I agree Dronee, drugs are not the way to go and usually make things worse, especially alcohol but I guess i do not have the will power to quit using them completely, that momentary period of feeling normal and like i fit in is wonderful. As for marijuana use i dont usually feel normal nor like i fit in so i usually smoke alone but i feel like it gives me motivation to get out of bed as opposed to sleeping all day.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Drugs make everything worse. Maybe the best in this case would be treatment and the right medications?

sullyS1985

Drugs make everything worse. Maybe the best in this case would be treatment and the right medications?

Well technically sertraline or Zoloft is a drug so i dont really like that logic at all. I agree certain drugs make it worse but to generalize them all like that is ludicrous. Yes I am going to an individual counselor and group therapy as well as taking zoloft.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Well technically sertraline or Zoloft is a drug so i dont really like that logic at all. I agree certain drugs make it worse but to generalize them all like that is ludicrous. Yes I am going to an individual counselor and group therapy as well as taking zoloft.

I didn't generalize. With "drugs" I meant Marijuana and those addictive damaging things that make you hallucinate :p That is why I also used the word "Medications", to refer to those drugs that are part of the treatment.

Lorraine Manca

oh there is a difference! your zoloft was produced in a sterile settings by trained folks. the pot...who knows who's pissed on that! the powdered stuff, that was probably made by someone with the iq of a toddler. ever seen them make a mud pie before? would you inhale that?

food for thought!

slicknsly

Yea I would say drugs make it worse, especially if you smoke weed with people. And I would never reccommend hallucinogens. Also if you stop smoking after doing it alot for a period of time you will go through a low. I believe its better to be clean, besides what you may be prescribed.

sullyS1985

oh there is a difference! your zoloft was produced in a sterile settings by trained folks. the pot...who knows who's pissed on that! the powdered stuff, that was probably made by someone with the iq of a toddler. ever seen them make a mud pie before? would you inhale that?

food for thought!

Im not sure there is much of a difference, I know everyone that grows and produces the marijuana I smoke and they certainly have not pissed on it. The people that produce Zoloft/Sertraline are part of the same industry that produces Oxycontin, Morphine, Dilauded, Fentanyl and plenty more addictive drugs. Let me emphasize that all those prescription "medications" are derived from opiates, the same thing heroin is derived from.

sullyS1985

have you asked them?

There is no reason to ask them, they are my friends that I trust. Due to my SA i am quite the loner but the friends i do have are loyal and have been for a long time. And SlicknSly i agree hallucinogens scare me i have done to many and had some horrible times.

MothMan

i've had two introverted/paranoia/anxiety smoking experiences which is two too many for me. i can not smoke around others anymore but i still smoke a tiny amount to myself about once a week. I rationalize this by convincing myself that I need at least one constant in my life that has been around before I became so reclusive. but if i plan on hanging out, i don't even think about smoking. and in the long run i intend to quit.