hey y'all!

agoraphobickatie

hiii :) i've been gone for a hot minute, huh?
i guess i just wanted to post this because a few people were asking if i was okay since i've been gone and i'd hate for anyone to think i'm not okay! haha..

so i guess a little update for the few who know me.. i've basically been trying to stay active instead of sit on my ass all day! haha, it's definitely helped me in some ways.. i've been getting out of the house with either of my parents or with a close friend pretty much daily! i almost don't have any anxious feelings at all as long as i'm with someone.. i've been going to the mall, to the grocery store, anywhere! i feel like i've really overcome a lot, and though everyone (family, friends, therapist) say that it's a huge mountain i've climbed, i can't help but look at the even bigger mountain that seems to be still ahead of me.. and that's just working on getting out alone.. :eek:

i haven't been driving by myself, but i do if i go somewhere with my mom or dad.. recently i've started driving (with a parent) to the mall or somewhere and going into a small store by myself while they sit in the car.. it's a lot harder than i thought! i'm not one who stays in a clothing store for a whole lot of time anyway, but i just browse around for a certain amount of time even if i'm feeling anxious.. a big thing i've learned, is that you can't have an anxiety attack forever, it WILL stop, it has to, it's just not possible for it to last a long time.. mine usually don't even last very long at all, it's just hard to say "okay, i feel panicky right now.. guess i'll just feel like **** for 10 minutes until it's over" haha!

also, i've recently started reading "when panic attacks" by ..burns? i think.. and i really like it, it's really helpful for all kinds of our issues/problems/whatever.. i've already learned a lot about what's going on in my head, but this book takes it a little further and kind of gives you things to really consider and work through with charts and lists and things like that.

so anyway!! when i signed up at SPW, i hadn't left the house in months, not even with a family member or friend.. and now, i feel almost totally comfortable (most days) when i go somewhere as long as i'm with someone.. although i'm not comfortable at sit down restaurants or movie theaters, lol..

i miss all you guys! and i can't say i'll get right back in to the swing of things here, but i'll try, and i promise i'm doin' just fine :) i hope y'all are too!!!

alex7

i dont know you because i just joined this site but welcome back and its good that you're okay:D

lunarla

Nice to have you back, Katie! :) You should definitely be proud of what you've accomplished and in such a short amount of time. It really seems that you have a lot of supportive people around you which is wonderful. What you said about anxiety is completely true - it definitely passes. Realizing that is something that will keep you going in the right direction. (Again, so nice to see you back! I was one of the people wondering).

Hey Katie!!!:) Congratulations on the progress you have made! Some positive news on here is rare::p: Welcome back!

Nack

Banned
Don't come back if you think you're doing good. All this forum does is remind yourself of your illness and makes you feel bad, once you come back; it will be hard to leave again... Don't take this the wrong way.

agoraphobickatie

thanks you guys :)
lunarla, you're so sweet! and mandymouse, i love your signature quote!
nack, i don't really let spw get to me in that way, that's not too good :(

AimeeSP

Aww that's so great you've been doing well :) you've done awesome girl! really proud of you. =)