Hi Everybody

lil_ladii85

Hi my name is Jennifer, I havent been diagnosied with social anxiety but i have about 99.9 percent of the symptoms. Im to afraid to actually go and get checked out. None of my friends or family know because i dont really think they would believe me, around them im a crazy fun lovin laid back type of person, but when i get around ppl i dont know i completly clam up. Everyone i know used to think i was a b**** before they got to know me because i was always quite and never smiled or howed any emotion. Its nice to find a forum dedicated just to social anxiety/phobia. Good to know im not alone :)

creep_x

Welcome to the forums & i hope u enjoy ur stay here
& more importantly hope u get some good help n advice :)

Caseums21

It doesn't hurt to let your friends and family know. They love you and they would help you. Just explain why you think you have SA. Who knows, maybe they can help you out. It's nice to have support.

Welcome to this site. It's really helpful and I'm glad that you decided to join. :)

lil_ladii85

Caseums21 said:
It doesn't hurt to let your friends and family know. They love you and they would help you. Just explain why you think you have SA. Who knows, maybe they can help you out. It's nice to have support.

Welcome to this site. It's really helpful and I'm glad that you decided to join. :)
i actually tried tellin my mom before, i told her i got checked out and diagnosied with it, and she said that they were stupid :lol: and i have it brought it back up sense.

Caseums21

lil_ladii85 said:
i actually tried tellin my mom before, i told her i got checked out and diagnosied with it, and she said that they were stupid :lol: and i have it brought it back up sense.

I'm sorry about that. Some people say things like that because they don't know enough about it. That's how my dad was too but then I showed him the symptoms and told him how I am and now he understands. It takes a while but you shouldn't give up.

And if you tell friends and they are great friends, they will try to help. But we're all friends on this board and all of us will try to help all that we can.

lil_ladii85

thanx alot :D as much as i love my friends and know ho0w understanding they would be, i honestly think i would get more help from friends on here :) i will eventually tell them though :)