hi

epona

Hi all

Just thought i'd introduce myself as been posting on a few posts but not introduced myself yet.

I'm Sarah. I've been extremely shy since i was very young. i got bullied in secondary school which didn't help at all. i get soo scared of meeting new people, i shake,stammer and am very weary about them and what they think about me.. I stammer and look very stupid and am conscious of this. i also find it hard talking on the phone especially to strangers.

I can relate to a lot of posts on here that i've read. and look forward to chatting to like minded people on here.

also i know i need to go to the doctors as i know there's like a problem but i don't dare too. I've also been getting really down lately and had a panick attack a week ago although there's been a few problems in my life that brought that on. i don't like the doctors and feel like i can't tell them anything.

cheers

Sarah

epona

sorry i posted this here by accident and am not sure how to delete it. very sorry. brains not awake yet!!

Ignace

Welcome here Sara. :)
Well, only thing that doctors can do is give you advice and prescribe meds. They'll probably say the same thing as everyone else: Exposure therapy.

Remus

Staff member
Hi sarah, docs are great these days and very understanding, if you have little ones they make your health and welfare a priority :)

mrb

hi welcome to the site :) when you join you get a beer , if you dont like beer its a lemonade :) if you dont like lemonade well :confused: what do you like lol , the mods will post it to you ;)

Ravens

Welcome to SPW... I know how annoying it is to be self-concious and for that to only make it worse. I hope this place proves helpful :)

epona

Thanks all for the welcomes. prefer beer to lemonade :) i've got an appointment at the doctors the end of this month. just hope to talk and understand more whats going on with me. and try get some help as i have dreams of what i want with my life and my extreme shyness and stuttering and getting nervous when talking to people gets in the way. people think i'm rude because i don't talk much and think I'm ignorant.