Higher Pitch Voice

ShadowCat

Sometimes when I get nervous, shy, or flustered when talking to someone I start to talk in a higher pitch. I feel kind of silly doing it, but it's not something I do intentionally. I don't think I sound too bad though, thankfully. Does anyone else experience this?

kkidd8

yo,
yes, sometimes my voice might crack or get shacky. I think it is all apart of being nervous when being in a situation we are not down with.

fiona

God knows what I sound like, I realise I am not talking naturally when nervous plus I have a speech impediment anyway lol so........ :?

niknik

I don't always get the change in voice but I do tend to start speaking at about ninety miles an hour & then realise I'm rambling by the way the person looks at me! Anyone else get this?

shyme

I can totally relate with your situation. When I talk to people, I don't always look in their eyes and talk so fast in order to finish what I have to say. My voice sounds like I am 9 years old.

LUEshi

I have sort of the opposite effect, my voice usually gets deep and flat and emotionless, trying to get things to end as quick as possible.

4myself

My voice goes high pitched and soft most of the time, but especially when I'm nervous!. My speech therapist told me to lower the tone and speak louder so now everytime I go to say something I cant help but think about the song "Walk like a man, talk like a man...." :) Which usually makes me start laughing... oh dear :)