Hollywood vs Reality

lifesnotfair

Hollywood: Guys get the girls, girls flirt with all guys
Reality: girls don't talk to guys unless they have money, good looks, and have confidence

Hollywood: Girls Approach Guys
Reality: guys HAVE to approach

Hollywood: relationships always work out
Reality: you get treated like shit

Hollywood: when you ask a girl out, she says yes
Reality: no

Funny we are living in a age with so much conflict in this world, i am suprised that more people are

Tim001

Guy gets girl because hollwood wants you to idolize their leading men and women. It's all about sales and money. It rarely reflects real-life and real-people. Although, I did know this guy in college that lived his life like it was a beer commercial. He always got the girl and didn't even have to try. Very few of us have the physical qualities to pull this off, that's why I stopped worrying about it years ago. I concentrate now on things that I can change.

arlequin

You're completely right. That's the reason why I prefer independent films. They aproach more reality.

lifesnotfair

this happened to EVERY women that i have approached, the rejection, the lack of interest....i am beyond bitter...

black_mamba

lifesnotfair, I heard a great line today from a children's Hollywood film that would be quite appropriate in this situation. It goes something like ...

You try and then you fail, you try again and fail again, but the only time you truely fail is when you stop trying.

I really liked it, maybe Hollywood is good for something afterall.

hollywood> all passwords can be overridden
reality> cant even hack my own accounts half the time

:lol:

Toad

lifesnotfair said:
this happened to EVERY women that i have approached, the rejection, the lack of interest....i am beyond bitter...

Hey, I gotta say that I admire you for trying. I have yet to get the courage to ask someone out....even this one girl who I knew liked me and who i liked. Just keep trying, cause regretting inaction i doubt is any better than the rejection, although i wouldn't know.

GettingThere

worrydoll said:
hollywood> men give women orgasms
reality> women do it themselves while the guy is asleep

hollywood> women are slim and cute
reality> women are all different shapes

hollywood> all passwords can be overridden
reality> cant even hack my own accounts half the time

Damn. I wish that you lived next door to me W/D because you are a truly interesting individual whom I can relate to on many different levels.

GettingThere

I was not being sarcastic. I mean it. I really would love to meet you, your take on life is genuinely interesting to me. Sorry if you took my comments wrongly.

Yossarian

You know you've got quite a dark sense of humour sometimes lifesnotfair. Maybe you should try to develop that. Try to maybe use humour as a stepping stone to meeting people. Just a thought.

pitkreet

Don't forget, in Hollywood, the guy is handsome, confident, strong, wealthy, get's loads of gorgeous women, a fulfilling career, fabulous home, superb car, a luxury yacht, lives a life of bliss and wants for nothing, but is he really happy??